Reputation points

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not sure why it really matters Bucky. Negative karma has been used very infrequently. I do not have the exact number, but I bet you could count the number of times it has been used on one hand. As for driving people away, the times it has been used it was generally in place of a ban. Really you have to get over this negative karma thing. i think the last time it was used I still only had one kid :LOL:

Well, there's some positive Karma for ya!:LOL:

Is "negative karma" the same thing as getting a notice from the admins saying that you have "received demerits"?

How does the demerit thing work?

Lee

No, negative karma is a little different Qsis. Just like regular karma (reputation points) it does not really do anything.

The demerit thing (infractions) are not the same. Infractions have point values associated with them depending on the infraction. After you accumulate a certain number of points within a certain time frame you are then banned for a period of time. I believe the way it works is that if you get 5 points within 6 months then the system automatically bans you for 7 days. Infractions can be given as a warning though and in that case no points are assigned to you.

Ok. I am confused again.

Who can give negative karma and why would someone get negative karma?

Negative Karma can only be given be admins or mods. It is a tool we have at our disposal when someone is not acting the way they should be acting. Honestly though, it is almost never used.

!!!208,092!!! How the - ? Who the - ? How does this work?!?!?!?!?

Woohoooooo!

A few...?

I only give Karma when someone does something extraordinary, or when they are especially supportive or posts something that can enhance everyone's life, IMO of course. But I do love giving it. So jennifer75, post something here that will earn some karma. It can be a great poem, or great prose. It can be a wonderful recipe, or observation. It can be a solution to someone else's problem. Just give me an excuse to give you some karma.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

There are lots of reasons to give good karma as Goodweed has pointed out.....unfortunately I was on here for over 2 years before I figured out how it worked...but I'm fairly computer illiterate to begin with ....though being on this site and the wonderful help that I've received it's improved ..it in no way does it reflect on your personality or status or if you're a better person than the next.......basically if you like what someone posts you give them karma......you don't have to but it's also nice to thank the person who sends you karma.....that is done thru the CP profile of that person or a private message.....if you give someone exclusive karma over a period of time then you'll be advised to spread it around before you can give it again which I think is a great idea........personally I like the pats of the back.....who doesn't??

Here is Andy R's post on Karma
Here is how it works.

You earn karma power by:
- 1 point for each year of membership
- 1 point for each 250 posts
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn

The amount of karma you earn is based on the karma power the person giving you karma has. So if I have a karma power of 8 and give you good karma then your karma increases by 8 points.

Here are other rules
- you can only give 10 people karma per day
- you have to give 5 different people karma before you can give the same member karma again
- all members have 10 karma points by default
- If a member has less then 5 karma points their "karma hits" do not count towards any other members until they get their karma back above 5.
I'm guessing but not sure that I have:
- all members have 10 karma points by default (so I start with 10? but then Bucky Tom would have more than just one? maybe the default goes out the window when you earn points some other way? how do you get shiny karma points? I want the shiny ones, the dull ones are not working with my outfit.)
- 1 point for each year of membership (less than one year so 0)
- 1 point for each 250 posts (1 point now, whoo hoo)
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn (5200 approximate points for my karma level because I was bequeethed (is that a word) some awesome points, thank you very much)
- and 13 sham wows, and some WD40.
10+1+5200=5211 and 13 sham wows and some WD40.
Shopping list: Duct tape
~Bliss
Can I use my points on Ebay and paypal?

Here is Andy R's post on Karma

I'm guessing but not sure that I have:
- all members have 10 karma points by default (so I start with 10? but then Bucky Tom would have more than just one? maybe the default goes out the window when you earn points some other way? how do you get shiny karma points? I want the shiny ones, the dull ones are not working with my outfit.)
- 1 point for each year of membership (less than one year so 0)
- 1 point for each 250 posts (1 point now, whoo hoo)
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn (5200 approximate points for my karma level because I was bequeethed (is that a word) some awesome points, thank you very much)
- and 13 sham wows, and some WD40.
10+1+5200=5211 and 13 sham wows and some WD40.
Shopping list: Duct tape
~Bliss
Can I use my points on Ebay and paypal?

:LOL::ROFLMAO: Apparently I need to do a better job of keeping my Karma polished and shiny!

Sorry, math isn't my forte. I give points. I get points. That's all I need to understand.

You gotta it, Jennifer.......if I can't handle a computer which I just yell at my son to come and help me (his pushishment for giving us so much grief in high school --teehee) I certainly am not going to be adding up points either.....:ROFLMAO:

Jennifer, I'll give you 6 of my sham wows and a calculator. :) ~Bliss

PS. Mav the WD-40 does a nice job for shining them up!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom