Here is Andy R's post on Karma
Here is how it works.
You earn karma power by:
- 1 point for each year of membership
- 1 point for each 250 posts
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn
The amount of karma you earn is based on the karma power the person giving you karma has. So if I have a karma power of 8 and give you good karma then your karma increases by 8 points.
Here are other rules
- you can only give 10 people karma per day
- you have to give 5 different people karma before you can give the same member karma again
- all members have 10 karma points by default
- If a member has less then 5 karma points their "karma hits" do not count towards any other members until they get their karma back above 5.
I'm guessing but not sure that I have:
- all members have 10 karma points by default (so I start with 10? but then Bucky Tom would have more than just one? maybe the default goes out the window when you earn points some other way? how do you get shiny karma points? I want the shiny ones, the dull ones are not working with my outfit.)
- 1 point for each year of membership (less than one year so 0)
- 1 point for each 250 posts (1 point now, whoo hoo)
- 1 point for every 50 karma points you earn (5200 approximate points for my karma level because I was bequeethed (is that a word) some awesome points, thank you very much)
- and 13 sham wows, and some WD40.
10+1+5200=5211 and 13 sham wows and some WD40.
Shopping list: Duct tape
Can I use my points on Ebay and paypal?