Scammers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I have gotten odd emails but I simply delete them.

When I first made my gmail account, I received a note from Nigeria. It seems I have a relative there who is stranded and was in need of money. They wanted all my bank account information. I replied to this with one very simple word and I'm sure you know what that was.

With love,
~Cat

Yes, I have gotten odd emails but I simply delete them.

When I first made my gmail account, I received a note from Nigeria. It seems I have a relative there who is stranded and was in need of money. They wanted all my bank account information. I replied to this with one very simple word and I'm sure you know what that was.

With love,
~Cat

Many times, spam emails are sent to randomly generated email addresses. Responding to them, even if it says "click this link to remove your email from our list," confirms that the account is real and the spam will continue.

Many times, spam emails are sent to randomly generated email addresses. Responding to them, even if it says "click this link to remove your email from our list," confirms that the account is real and the spam will continue.
+1

Or the spam will get worse. They sell lists of confirmed email addresses. :ermm:

I have noticed emails on occasion from people that are listed as friends on my Facebook page. The problem is the name is right and the address is not.

My wife says she does not get them. I just got another one today from a friend on facebook. But it was not really him.

I also just delete them and add them to my blocked senders list. I am not sure how good that works, but at least I feel like I did something.......lol

Last edited:
Someone got my email username and password somehow. I got a bunch of emails saying I made a request to change my Facebook password, even tho I didn't. What blows my mind is when I went to my Webmail email site and checked my Sent items.

One email shown in the Sent items was to someone at yahoo. I opened up the body of the email and it showed two lines of text. On one line was my email username and on the other line was my email password! I've since reset both my FB and email login passwords.

Kaspersky anti-virus doesn't see anything suspicious on my pc.

Last edited:
Bummer Caslon. Do you use those things that ask for your email log in and password to invite your contacts to social sites? I don't trust that.

Do you use those things that ask for your email log in and password to invite your contacts to social sites?

I never fall for phising requests. Also, I don't use FaceBook that much at all. Facebook site says it happens that ppl have the same username and password as yours and that they must have requested it. I'm not buying that. I also delete emails from ppl whose email address I don't recognize, especially emails with no subject, just an email address.

Anyways I ran Malwarebytes and removed 16 threats. Things are secure for the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom