Server move tonight (11-16-2006)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
I am going to try and move the site to a new server tonight. I am pretty sure it will be very quick and successful. So please be aware that the site will be down somewhere after 8:00 EST and hopefully back up on our new "faster" server within a couple of hours. I will post updates in this thread (so I am closing the thread for now and will re-open the thread after for troubleshooting and feedback).

We are now live on our new server and need your help! Please post here any errors that you may find (hopefully none). Also, it would be beneficial if you could post any feedback on the performance (speed) of the site so we can tell if it is running swiftly (as it should be).

Thanks again for your feedback!!!

Haven't done anything fancy but read, search, and post all seem smooth and fast. Thanks for all you do.

Edit: I went back and re-read some of my old posts and they don't seem any smarter and my punctuation hasn't improved a bit.

Edit also works faster than I remember.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe how addicted I am to this forum! I realize that it's free & I shouldn't complain but I get so frustrated when I can't get here. I'm online every night, doing this & that. I save Discuss Cooking for last & just kinda settle in here before I go to bed. When I can't I get so beside myself & don't know what to do.

Thank you for all you do, Andy. I hope this server is totally stable, faster or not!

Corinne

Andy,
everything is running quicker and smoother..The only thing I can't find is on the forum listing page beneath who has visited in the last 24 hours and the new member list,it use to have the today's birthdays..There is one on the portal page..Is this where birthdays are to be listed now?..It's a small thing but just was asked about it and wanted to check.
Thank you for all you do for us. We have a beautiful site.

kadesma

Phew, thought I busted DC earlier this evening. LoL (my computer has been running slow)

Thanks Andy. BTW, didn't we have a server move about a month ago?

Gossie said:
Thanks Andy. BTW, didn't we have a server move about a month ago?
The server move about a month ago was aborted because I had problems with the database transfer. So we setup a new plan an it worked 95% as planned. We hit a glitch and it took a couple hours longer then anticipated but now we are all moved over and this should be our new home for some time to come. I can't promise for how long we will stay on this server as we are growing really fast, but it should be at least 6 months ;)

It's hard to belive we can keep growing with so many nice and knowledgeable members. Did anyone guess when we would hit 10,000? Heck, at this rate it might happen before the end of the month!

kadesma said:
The only thing I can't find is on the forum listing page beneath who has visited in the last 24 hours and the new member list,it use to have the today's birthdays..There is one on the portal page..Is this where birthdays are to be listed now?
They are still on the forum listing page. It looks like there are three birthdays today.

But I can add an extra special birthday to today's list. My sister had a whopping 9 pound baby Girl just after mid-night EST. I don't know what her name is yet (my Mom left me a message while I was asleep) and will get to see her for the first time when I am back in the States around Christmas. So happy birthday to my first niece!!!

Hey that is great news Andy!!! Congrats to you and your sister and family. So when does your niece get a member name on DC? She can be our youngest member yet :)

This is the first page I have gone to since the move so once I start surfing a bit I will let you know what I find.

I have not noticed any problems at all Andy and things do seem to be moving faster. Great work and thank you!!!

seems to be running fine...I still get the white this page has moved screen with a link "click here" is that normal?

awwww a new baby! weeeee Congratulations new Uncle Andy!!!!

and a BIG thank you for all you do!

Thanks Andy,
I found it again this morning..Happy Birthday to that baby girl, what a joy.

kadesma:)

Can Count on You Andy

Thanks for all your time and patience you give me. Where would we be w/o you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom