Server move tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo talk about a smoooooth operator:LOL: That was quick and painless.

Thank you Andy!:)

kadesma

Wait, we did not move!!!

I tried 3 times last night and today and it always timed out. I am going to have to move the site a different way. I just wanted to put the site back up so you all would not get big withdrawls.

I will try again next week and give you more heads up. The good thing is that I did move two other sites and I think that has freed up enough resources to speed things up quite a bit for the short term...

Look for more info soon....

Out of all the places in the world, this would be the last place that I would expect to see the words "Server Move". (I deal with this stuff at work all the time.) Man, talk about reality of it all!!!

Thanks for the update (warning). As my job would put it, do you have a change request open for this???? :LOL:

I loved the "Bad, bad server!! No donut for you!!" message that I got a few times while trying to get on since last night until about a half hour ago.

Shunka said:
I loved the "Bad, bad server!! No donut for you!!" message that I got a few times while trying to get on since last night until about a half hour ago.

What made it even funnier is an old donut shop has just been re-opened after several years of being closed and we had JUST gotten a box of donuts delivered by the owner for us to try - I tried to get back on the site and got that message! Cracked me up!

... aaaaaand, the portal's up too! So the very minor inconvenience lasted only a bit over a day, which I think is pretty good.

Good for you -- job well done!

Andy R said:
Wait, we did not move!!!

I tried 3 times last night and today and it always timed out. I am going to have to move the site a different way. I just wanted to put the site back up so you all would not get big withdrawls.

I will try again next week and give you more heads up. The good thing is that I did move two other sites and I think that has freed up enough resources to speed things up quite a bit for the short term...

Look for more info soon....

Good luck on the upcoming move!! We really appreciate your efforts!

Back
Top Bottom