Server move tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
I just wanted to let you know I will be moving the site to a new server (starting tonight). I hope to complete this move in one even but there is the chance we could be down much more then that, so please note we could be down for a couple of days. Once we are up and running again, the site should be much faster.

Thanks for your patience!

Andy R

Andy will the server move tonight mean that I can still gain access to DC through Internet Explorer?

I am really dum when it comes to my computer I don't know what a server is but I think someone told me once but it went in one ear and out the other.

You really work hard for DC and I am sure all the members appreciate it. I know that I do.

Have a great day.

Thanks Andy. We all appreciate your efforts and look forward to the faster response times.

Thanks. Maybe it will cut down on the inaccessibility and error messages from time to time.

shpj4 said:
Andy will the server move tonight mean that I can still gain access to DC through Internet Explorer?

This means that the site won't be accessible at all. Like Middie said, we'll all be going through withdrawal!

Thanks, Andy! I hope all goes smoothly for you!

Just to expand on what PA Baker said, you will not be able to access DC, but this will just be temporary. Once the server is switched then you will be able to use DC just as you always have. the only difference you should see is that the site should not go down as often as it has been doing recently.

Andy thank you so much for this upgrade. This is just one more example of how you are contantly improving this site!

Thank you Andy,
we have a truly wonderful site and your attention to it and to those of us who come here day after day is a wonderful thing. I'm ure we will all be waiting patiently for the site to come back up, and when it does, will be here with bells on and smiles to enjoy all your hard work...Thank you.

kadesma

Andy R said:
I just wanted to let you know I will be moving the site to a new server (starting tonight). I hope to complete this move in one even but there is the chance we could be down much more then that, so please note we could be down for a couple of days. Once we are up and running again, the site should be much faster.

Thanks for your patience!

Andy R
Looks like all went smoothly. Kudos, Andy R.

Well, I guess I was premature, but kudos, anyway!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom