Signature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't even check User CP, thank you. It appears I cannot fit my image into it. It just displays the line of code instead of the image.

Wart is right - you can edit your signature via the User Control Panel.

However - the signature is intended for just a couple of lines of text - not for images. If a signature exceeds our rules - it can be deleted, or edited to conform to the rules without notice.

Our Signature File Rules :

Community Policies said:
  1. A signature with a link for the sole purpose of selling something without any other benefit is not acceptable and will be removed
  2. Font size of 2 (normal size) or smaller
  3. No more than two lines, including spaces
  4. Only one link per signature, no files or downloads
Please know that we will be guided by these and these same basic ideas and rules apply to sigs also.

A courtesy PM may be sent if we have removed or altered a signature, time permitting. Please know that we have the right to change/remove signatures that do not comply without notification.

are located in our Community Announcements Forum - along with all of our other forum rules found in our Community Policies.

Perhaps the image is to big, there is a size limit

Only one link per signature, no files or downloads

An image would be a file and download. There ar technical reasons not allowing files in sigs is a good idea, two reasons that come readily to mind are page hangs and viri.

From an aesthetic and readability perspective, I have seen various forums go from great to garbage when the posters were allowed to use graphics in their posts.

No more than two lines, including spaces

While two lines is limiting the line limit has to be drawn somewhere.

I'm on a car forum where it seems people list every bolt they ever touched on their vehicles. I've seen 20, 30, more, line sig files.

I have no doubt some people would put their life stories, hopes and dreams, pictures of their children, Grandchildren, and 42 cats in their sigs, IF they were allowed.

I've seen it and it turns forums into messes.

Back
Top Bottom