Site Downtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
I wanted to post and let you all know what the issue was and apologize for the inconvenience. Late last night I asked the server admins to perform some routing maintenance on the database. This was done very late at night when traffic to the site is at it's lowest. Although we experienced a couple glitches during the maintenance all seemed well when we checked the sites after it was done. Apparently at some point in the night a database table crashed and that caused the site not to load. We are looking into the reason this happened and hopefully will not have any more down time in the foreseeable future.

Once again my apologies for the down time and if you experience any errors or issues please report them here and we will address them ASAP.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks, Andy. I actually guessed exactly that - a table crash. We used to develop and host database sites and had that happen more than once. Thanks for your diligent efforts to get it back up.

Thanks Andy! As a web-app developer I know how things can go wrong when you least expect it.

Thanks Andy... it's prbly a good thing. Maybe, I'll get some house work done! lol... naw... I'll think of some other way to fill up my time.

pssst, qs, we're in e.s.t..

thanks, andy! i was starting to get dc withdrawals.

i almost went on a diet! :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom