Site Upgrade - 3 Dec 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tech Admin

Dishwasher
Staff member
We will be performing upgrades to all sites on the Social Knowledge network on Wed. December 3rd on or around 9pm - 2am EST. Providing the upgrades go well, we should be able to update all of the sites, but it is reasonable to expect the forums to be closed for a bit while we perform the upgrade on this site.

- Jeff

Jeez I am not gonna like this week at all. Out of three sites I spend time on, all three are going down for maintenance, moving or upgrades not on the same day but one right after the other three days in a row, LOL.
But, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Jeff. Do we know what the upgrades will get us?

This is a fairly small upgrade and mostly will improve security and function and is a routine upgrade. You shouldn't really see much change from what you're used to.:chef:

hey, if we have to upgrade our personal computers from time to time it stands to reason the sites will take even longer esp. one with this many members and its high activity levels.....thanks for the heads up and all the great work that you do for the betterment of DC :):)

We will be performing upgrades to all sites on the Social Knowledge network on Wed. December 3rd on or around 9pm - 2am EST. Providing the upgrades go well, we should be able to update all of the sites, but it is reasonable to expect the forums to be closed for a bit while we perform the upgrade on this site.

- Jeff

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Jeez I am not gonna like this week at all. Out of three sites I spend time on, all three are going down for maintenance, moving or upgrades not on the same day but one right after the other three days in a row, LOL.
But, thanks for the heads up!

Soooooo THATS where you've been!!!
You've been cheatin' on us at another board..... cuz you sure haven't been spending much time here!!!!!! :ohmy:

Did the upgrade happen? I didn't have any down time Thursday night and notice no differences.

Yep it happened. Downtime was not a guarantee. Luckily there was none needed. This was not an upgrade where you would notice any differences. It was some behind the scenes stuff having to do with security and other things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom