Smilies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lick3.gif
lick1.gif
flylicker.gif

Where - Where - Where!!!! I love 'em!

General 'smiley' question - when you download from the smiley sites, do you get spyware that comes with it? I downloaded a screensaver once, and my 'puter was attacked!!

middie said:
umm okay... how do you copy and paste??? :oops:

How to copy and paste text:

Hold down your left mouse button as you drag your mouse over the selection of text you wish to copy. The block of text will change color as you drag:

When you have selected the text you wish to copy, release the left mouse button. On you keyboard press the Ctrl and C keys simultaneously.
Move to the document or location where you wish to paste the text.
Position your cursor in the place where you will insert the text.
On you keyboard press the Ctrl and V keys simultaneously. The copied text will appear.

Another way to copy and paste text and images:

Hold down your left mouse button as you drag your mouse over the selection of text you wish to copy. The block of text will change color as you drag.
After the text is selected, position your cursor over the selected section. If you wish to copy an image, place your cursor on the image.
Right click.
A menu will appear near your cursor. Select Copy from this menu.
Move to the document or location where you wish to paste the text or image.
Position your cursor in the place where you will insert the text or image.
Right click.
A menu will appear near your cursor. Select Paste from this menu. The copied text will appear.

Hungry - look at the brackets on either side of your image address - at the end do you see that space after .gif and before the bracket closing the image command? That space shouldn't be there. That is the problem. When you post an image click on preview instead of submit and if there is a problem you can scroll back down to look at it.

No spaces anywhere within the beginning image command and the ending image command. The same with giving a link. Have you done links yet?

I'm going to ADD the space after the = in the address and before the ending command brackets - you take a look at how I've typed it and then when I type it right what it does. I would like to add that to copy the url address you just right click in the address bar, that highlights the address, then you click copy - then you go to your post and type

type what you want people to see here

this is an example

What's for dinner

what you will see without the spaces

What's for dinner

Back
Top Bottom