Something weird is happening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
When I came on to DC - immediately a page "social knowledge.com" popped up and wouldn't let me get on. Does anyone know anything about this? After I closed and came back, I was able to post.

No, I suppose I was suspicious. Perhaps a braver soul than I could do so. It was scary the way it just tried to take over my page.

It did it to me about 4 times. I finally logged off of msn and then logged back on. It has something to do with an advertisement for netzero.

That name sounds familiar. I am not 100%, but I think that might be another site Andy R is involved with.

It happened to me earlier ... had to break out the "Bot Swatter". Really ticked me off ...

Seems the problem was around 2:00-2:30pm CST

Last edited:
Happened to me too earlier. I though it might have been from the previous site I was at. I had to close IE then re open it.

Same here. I clicked on a post to read, & it took over the screen.

Yup. Happened to me again.

Does everyone have a pop-up blocker. If so, make sure it is turned on. I turned mine on and it hasen't happened since.

I have recommended pop up blockers (Google and Microsofts) in the other two threads about this and I will also suggest that you run your spyware removal program. AdAware from grisoft or SpyBot are the best. Ewido Security Suite is also WONDERFUL and gets a ton of stuff. southernlady recommended it and it works really well.

Back
Top Bottom