Something weird just happened

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I just went to view new posts
and it said there are none
and now im subscribed to no threads
and ive somehow viewed every post....

Gobo, I've been having weird stuff going on with my 'new posts' too - once I hit it, it never refreshes till the computer's been offline at least a couple of hours. *yikes!*

Try clicking on the button to the left that says "portal". That should help.

I'm having some weird things happen too. First off, there is a message saying "Hello BlueCat it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" (I've been on vacation) and secondly, there are all kinds of underlined links within the posts. I see this sometimes when I check the site from work, since I don't automatically sign in there, but have never seen that at home. I always found those links annoying, but it wasn't really a problem since you can just log in and they went away. I'll be unhappy if they are a new part of the website even when you're logged in though.

BC

BlueCat said:
secondly, there are all kinds of underlined links within the posts. I see this sometimes when I check the site from work, since I don't automatically sign in there, but have never seen that at home.

BC. this happens to me when I check it out (but not log in) from work too. Never got that message about chiming in more. Probably 'cuz I run my mouth plenty enough.

This site has become very s-l-o-w to load lately, and sometimes it won't load at all.

goboenomo said:
yes, it does.
The server seems to go down quite often too.

This is the problem I've been having lately. 2 or 3 times a week I can't get on at all, usually in the afternoon. Sometimes I can read threads, but then seem to lose the site when I try to post. Definitely something strange happening in the last few months. I have the same problem whether I use IE or Firefox.

I do believe Andy R is on it - sometimes these things just take time (well, money, which can take time!!!!). We sure have come a long way though. Those times the site is down I actually get some work done and manage to slay a dust bunny or two.:rolleyes:

I think people sometimes forget, the site does not run itself. The folley of a server is no ones fault, it happens. Welcome to the internet...

I am glad for everyday we can log on. AND YES! IT HAS COME A LONG WAY!:D

The site has had an amazing groth spurt. That is the good new. The problem is that sometimes sites grow faster than the servers can handle. Andy R is working hard on resolving that issue so hang tight and soon we should be in much better shape :)

ooops, i just did a "contact us" .. and now see that what I wrote is echo'd in this thread. When you come to that message, just delete it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom