"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 06-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
I may go FF as well. Apparently FF has improved itself from the FF I knew 5 years ago when Chrome appeared. Chrome was fast and lean compared to FF back then. I mean...lol...there was a speed up ap for FF that did zilch. FF was slow back then, but the new Chrome was fast. Apparently , FF has caught up in the past 5 years since I last used FF.
I switched to Chrome about a year ago because FF was such a memory hog. Then Chrome became a colossal memory hog. I switched back to FF and it is behaving better. However, it still doesn't go completely away when you close it. I watched "processes" in Task Manager and 10 minutes after I shut down FF it was still the biggest user of RAM.

The one big thing I like better about FF is that you can put a master password on the password manager. I really don't like Chrome saving my passwords and anyone who uses my computer has access to the passwords. I use Password Safe, but it's easier to use FF's password manager with the master password.

The one big thing I like better about Chrome is the ability to go "incognito". Private browsing just isn't as handy. I used incognito mostly to log in to a site with two different user names, at the same time. I don't know a way to do that in FF.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #12
Head Chef

I'd rather Chrome open that newly right clicked tab in a separate window...immediately, like it did just before this recent update. The thing is, Chrome doesn't have this as an option in Tools, as of this recent update. It blows my mind.

In other words, i want the previous page left in the backround when I right click a toolbar site and choose "open in new tab."

I want the newly right clicked motion to open up a new separate page, in front of me. As of now it just adds that as a tab I must click on, with no Tool option to have it open on the fly. I don't get why that is. Nevermind, lol.