Sos! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, I see now. I was using v1.1 and it is not there, but now that I switched to v2.0 I see it.

And Dave, most of the threads I kept were not mine. My recipes I store in the pc, but others not.

I really think there should be a way to save threads to a "favorite" (let's call it favorite folder that is not related to subscription folder. Hey administration can you please look into it.
Really how else can you keep threads we like.

I concur, it would be really, really, nice to keep all my "favorites" together to go through and try ones I'd like to make instead of hunting (and hunting). I find myself printing them out and ending up with too many.

I concur, it would be really, really, nice to keep all my "favorites" together to go through and try ones I'd like to make instead of hunting (and hunting). I find myself printing them out and ending up with too many.
I am talking about the whole thread, the discussion it self could be more help than a recipe, and how can you print the whole thread, it is not realistic. We do have a "favorite folder here, but it is directly conected to thread subscription and if you delete subscription you loose the favorits, as I unfortunately found out the hard way.

Administrators and moderators, please look into this. There must be a way to create a favorite folder where a person could put his/hers threads that we want to keep, not just a subscription, those will come and go, and most of the I (I'm sure I am not alone) do not care about it. But there are some threads that are just too good to let go.

Charlie,

You can always go to the first page of the thread and then add that to your browser's favorites / bookmarks and organize them on your computer. You can also backup your bookmark file off your computer for safe keeping. Just a thought.

Charlie, we'll look into it.

Another way to keep track of them is to send yourself a PM with a link to each favorite. You can consolidate the links into one PM and keep it forever.

Yeah, but that is exactly what i am trying to avoid. I do not want anything saved on my PC. What it crusehed. I do not want to send any pm's to my self because the pm box is limited anyways.

We have "favorits" folder here already. All the powers that be have to do is to make sure that it is not going to get deleted if a person delets subscription to a thread. It should be ndependent. Pretty much every forum I belong to has one or anopther form of "favorits" where you can save and keep your favorite, no pan intended, threads. I do not understand how it all works, but if everybody else has it, then it cannot be that dificult to do.

Charlie, I don't know what favorites folder you mean on DC. We don't have one that I know about. If you mean the subscription service, I do get that.

You only need to have one PM with many links in it. I know your PM space is limited, but I think you can likely afford space for one PM.

Again, we'll look at a Favorites link for you.

Now I do not know what you are talking about. How can you have many different links in one PM?
:(
As far as Favorites goes. When you go to click on "Submit Reply" you have an option of change "Notification Type" and/or right next to it "Folder". If you click on the "down arrow" there is an option of "Subscription" or "Favorites". In parenthesis it tells you how many you have in either one. You can choose one you want.
;)
I had bunch of threads in “Favorites” but they got deleted alone with “Subscriptions”. :(:(:(

On many of the newsletter sites I subscribe to have a "Recipe Box". It is what I'm thinking of, unfortunately it only works for that site (such as Bisquick, Kraft, etc.

If DC had one of those it would be most helpful.

I just realized though, I can put links in a Works document. Hmmm.

Hey Charlie, thanks for explaining that to me. I don't use the subscriptions so I haven't explored that at all.

You are welcome, not a problem. But what do you mean you do not use subscription? You mean you purposly choose not to subscribe every time you post?
Wow, you're good, I'd simply forget to check that option every time.

You are welcome, not a problem. But what do you mean you do not use subscription? You mean you purposly choose not to subscribe every time you post?
Wow, you're good, I'd simply forget to check that option every time.

That's correct Charlie, no subscriptions. I have my profile set up to not subscribe to every thread I visit. (User Profile - No Subscription) I only have possibly 2 subscriptions. I don't need to check or uncheck anything unless I choose to subscribe. I visit so many different threads in a day my box would be completely full and unmanageable.

Make sense. My problem is I will never remember where and what thread I replied to if I do not subscribe.

Back
Top Bottom