Sos! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I was cleaning up some of my subscription and by mistake I deleted threads I wanted to keep and instead kept threads I wanted to delete. Is there anything that can be done to restore them. Those were really important threads for me with some good recipes. :mad::mad::mad:
Ah, I also some how deleted all of mine Favorite threads, it is a disaster. I'm going to cry right now.

Last edited:
Charlie, they are all volunteers too so their schedules can be pretty nutty. Are most of the threads you want threads that you started? If they are, click on your user name and click Threads Started By and you should be able to find most of them.

Sorry Charlie, I know how frustrating that can be.

Hi Alix, unfortunately most of them were not my threads. And even the threads I participated in only go to like couple of years ago. Sadest thing is that I only noticed few names of threads before I realised I clicked "delete". I could have tried to search for them. What was the strange the it was List of subscriptions but it also deleted few favorites threads that I had, and that I do not think is right, one should not affect the other, maybe somebody can look into this.
I am still very sad. What makes things worse our search engine is not really good. Like for example I was searching for my "ukrainian" threard and seach could not find it. Took me for ever to find it my self.

Sorry, I agree the search is not very good. If I need to find something I will google the name I am searching for then add "discuss cooking" This works really good for me.

Unfortunatelly doesn't look like I would. Nothing can be done. I can try and seach for threads, but I do not really even know how many threads I lost and which ones. Ok, maybe a couple or a few, but not all.

Sorry, I agree the search is not very good. If I need to find something I will google the name I am searching for then add "discuss cooking" This works really good for me.

There is a Google search at the top of the DC pages, on the right that will search Discuss Cooking. No need to write out DC at all. It's a search of the Discuss Cooking forums.

Another tool I use is to go to my subscribed posts in User CP, and use CNTL+F to find a word I know is in the title.

I am afraid it is too late for that Jim. I wish i had your advise when it first happened.

And as far as search, Z, what do you mean by "Google search"

I'm not sure why it would be too late. You can restore back to any point in the restore database. I am no computer expert, but I have had a fair amount of luck in restoring a computer. At any rate, it can't hurt, you can always undo a restore.

I'm not sure why it would be too late. You can restore back to any point in the restore database. I am no computer expert, but I have had a fair amount of luck in restoring a computer. At any rate, it can't hurt, you can always undo a restore.

Jim, he can only restore his computer. That will not affect any settings here at DC. There is no system restore to recover things here.

Alix,

If he ran an Advanced Search using his name would that not return all the post that he made? From there he could find the names of all the threads he had subscribed to. It would take time and I THINK it can be done.

Dave, I suggested a similar search (click on user name and then Find all posts by...) Charlie says there are some threads that were not his. I think he is SOL. So sorry about this Charlie. :(

I am afraid it is too late for that Jim. I wish i had your advise when it first happened.

And as far as search, Z, what do you mean by "Google search"

At the top right of the page of the DC site is the "Google search". It is on the same line as "Discuss Cooking; Discuss Life" which is on the left side.

Ah, I see now. I was using v1.1 and it is not there, but now that I switched to v2.0 I see it.

And Dave, most of the threads I kept were not mine. My recipes I store in the pc, but others not.

I really think there should be a way to save threads to a "favorite" (let's call it favorite folder that is not related to subscription folder. Hey administration can you please look into it.
Really how else can you keep threads we like.

Back
Top Bottom