Spice/Herb forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billdolfski

Senior Cook
I probably just missed the area, but as replete as the rest of this forum is it would seem to me that there should be a separate forum dealing with herbs/spices/seasoning.

Yes? No? Maybe?

or... There already is one, jerk =P

Bill, there is no stand alone spice/herb forum. Typically, spice herb questions appear in the forum appropriate for the dish that's being prepared. For example, seasoning a pasta sauce or stew.

Otherwise, they would fit into the Misc or General forums.

What types of spice/herb questions do you envision in such a new forum?

While a legitimate question it is as Andy says. Most of the time herbs and spices fall into a category already provided associated with a specific food. It's really hard to have a category for everything. We talked about this in depth when formulating these forums and sub forums. I hope that makes sense but we certainly appreciate all input as to how to make DC a better place.

And like Andy, I would be interested in hearing what types of questions you foresee in such a forum. It is always good to brainstorm.

How about how to grow (both outdoors & indoors), different types & what they're used for (the varieties & differences of basils & thymes these days are mindboggling), how to preserve, how to purchase & from where. Different mixtures for different applications. The list would be endless. : )

I think Breezy is a little more onto something than I was. We grow several different varieties of basil, a few thyme and a few oregano. The real reason I was looking for a forum like this was so I could talk about how much I love Italian/flat leaf parsley =P

For the time being you could discuss any of this stuff under Miscellaneous or the Today's Menu and Food Talk Forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom