"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 09-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russell
because this is a board like phpbb, admin doesn't have THAT much control over changes like recipe box or larger avatars unless they know how to code php.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #22
Head Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
I like the idea about a chat room for those online rather than pming them....as for a "quick search" try using the "search" button at the top in blue writing...second one in. Bigger avatars, being able to posts pics frfom your pc with out the hoopla would be good.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #23
Senior Cook

to tancowgirl2000

I am not looking for another link. What I am talking about is an input box on the homepage.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:06 PM   #24
Senior Cook

I would just like to say that since my back injury - these last 2 weeks have been very nice for me in this group. I would have loved an instant chat...given my boredom. But all-in-all this site is great.

And wouldn't ya know - while visiting my parents, I dropped the AC plug gizmo on my baby toe, and its swollen, turning colors and probably broken...but the funny thing is -- I WAS GETTING THE BACK PAD HoMedics device out for relief - I just can't win...

Until I read a fabulous recipe...HERE! or respond to a post or read a response to mine!

I never thought the Internet would be such a comfort while I had to recoop during my vacation days.....anyway...

Thanks to all for the input, responses and general cheer during my recoop...at my rate I may be a regular...
~~~GRIN~~~
Old 09-04-2004, 11:55 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 AM   #26
Sous Chef

Do you see an image????Because all I see is a hyperlink, is that all I should see??

Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 AM   #27
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
PolishedTopaz: You were ticking the box named "Disable BBCode in this post" so it's little wonder that it wasn't working for you! I edited your post, unticked this option (which you will find below the box when you post another message) and it hey presto it works!

Quote:
because this is a board like phpbb, admin doesn't have THAT much control over changes like recipe box or larger avatars unless they know how to code php.
This is not true. Things like avatars are easily set within the config. As for the coding - it's not a problem - anything (within reason) is possible :)
Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #28
Sous Chef

Wooooo Hooooo! I did it without hubbys help!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:04 AM   #29
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
You need to click the Your Profile link at the top right of this page, underneath the adverts. When you're in that page you will see an option called "Always allow BBCode:" make sure you have this set to Yes.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #30
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
PolishedTopaz: You were ticking the box named "Disable BBCode in this post" so it's little wonder that it wasn't working for you! I edited your post, unticked this option (which you will find below the box when you post another message) and it hey presto it works!

Quote:
This is not true. Things like avatars are easily set within the config. As for the coding - it's not a problem - anything (within reason) is possible :)

THANK YOU..... THANK YOU......THANK YOU! Happy camper now. :D