SUGGESTIONS FOR DISCUSS COOKING?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kitchenelf said:
VDQ - where is this drama queen that you want. Post the link so I can look at it. - Thanks

I haven't gotten through all of these posts yet for this thread, but here is where I find the Drama Queen that I love!

Collectors Haven....Smileys 1. and under "sad, cry"
frog.gif
dramaqueen.gif
This is what it looks like....
dramaqueen.gif

Thanks for the welcome! This site is great! I will second what marmalady said...a forum on forum on 'how-to's', or terminology would be great. I also would like to see a "what do I do with" forum as I found that very helpful on the FN boards. Even if you do not make any changes, I think this board is fantastic!

Just one, that you d/c your post after 6months or so, it's a little off balance to reply to a post that you realize is from Jan.03...
otherwise, I'm happy to be here, to have a place at all with my 'siblings' from fny. Thank you for being so generous and giving, and I hope my brotheres and sisters will serve ya'll well. since most have come here before me I bow to them and say....... Thank You.

Audeo said:
Admins, this site is GREAT! You've put in a lot of work here, and it shows. Very nicely done -- thank you.

My only suggestion to add would be to reverse the order in which new replies are applied to a thread. In other words, the newest responses would be on top, directly under the original message that began the topic.

I like it just the way it is, ie, with the newest post listed last - I find it easier to follow the thread. :)

I like this site a lot so far (I'm a newbie and former short-term FN'er). I'm also mostly a computer moron when it comes to using forums like this and how to manage posts, threads, etc.

Maybe an FAQ thingy would be good to add to the Intro Yourself link to 'splain it all to us beginners.

Okay, I guess I'm stupid, but where do you find the Avatars and how do you post one with your name? Does this make sense? I want one, too!!

I Know, I have suggested this previously, But, (at the risk of being "Redundant") I believe it would be very helpful to have the "Vote 5 Stars for DC" link on the "Main Page" :D Atomic Jed!

I agree with alot of you guys, brighter color, recipe box, I love the live chat idea, photo forum. My suggestion would be a 18+ forum, so we can talk about things in more of an adult way.(of course no inapropriate maners though). Maybe when we get all the ideas we can take a vote to what everyone likes and doesn't like so WE ALL have a choice. I think everyone has great ideas :D . This will be so fun for everyone when it is finished

How would you keep a 14 year old out of a 18+ Forum??
i like it the way it is and the input of the youngens..

Dove said:
How would you keep a 14 year old out of a 18+ Forum??
i like it the way it is and the input of the youngens..

Dove the 18+ wasnt to keep the younger ones out but, just if one of the older ones was talking about something that a younger person shouldn't read, we would have the option to go in another forum to talk about it. I know this is a pg site but, why shouldn't we beable to go somewhere that is apropriate to talk about something that can be said without a younger person there. we have a right just as the younger ones do. don't you think?

nicole said:
just if one of the older ones was talking about something that a younger person shouldn't read, we would have the option to go in another forum to talk about it.

How would we make sure the younger ones don't read it though? Lets face it, if we made an 18+ forum, that is the first one that the kids will go into.

You can set the controls so only certain people can be invited in to use a forum. Not everyone would have access to it. For example - we have a Site Helpers Forum which we can see but regular members cannot.

This wasn't intended to make the younger ones feel left out. My husband has a website and has a 18+ forum. All it is used for is if someone has a joke or if people are dissagreeing on something they can take the topic there. This was just a suggestion

GB thanks for agreeing with me. I thought this was going to be a big ordial. I truely feel that we should beable to go somewhere and talk about htings without having it pg. I would never want to get rid of the youngins dove, Ever.

I just thought that with a click of the mouse they could get in. Heck, they probably know more about life then I do...LOL

Pondering, hmm, do / will I neeed to show my Drivers liscense to talk about "Discuss Cooking? Oh mY ! :shock: gosh, :D Perhaps I don't fully understand what all these changes are about, (Pardon me) Friends, :D Atomic Jed!

Will I / WE, be Required to provide credentials to ask, / provide, / share experiances in our toils, and joy's and failures in our cummulative endeavors in the Culinary arts? (just wonderin) :D Atomic Jed!

Back
Top Bottom