"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 12-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

testing....1....2....3

Just a quick test. I lost a few posts I had typed out this morning that never came up

Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
This one is coming across loud and clear.

Have a great day!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I see that. I don't know what happened to my other posts. Every time I typed something and hit submit the forum hung up and I got a page cannot be displayed, then when I hit the back buttong the text field was of course blank. For some reason I can't copy what I've typed and paste it again if needed.... not from the forum anyway. I know I could in Word.
Oh well. Working now and it's a GREAT day. Crisp, cold and the sun blazing down.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I have been able to copy and paste from the message window before posting the reply. I do that when I have a longer post or have been having problems with the site.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

When I highlite and rt click the copy and paste feature isn't even an option on this forum. I thought it was some kind of security setting
It doesn't make a difference if I'm in quick post or advanced, or which pc I'm on.

edited to say: I thought it was so we couldn't cross-post a thread.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Everymom

Pacanis, I used to run into that issue when I used IE, now that I use Firefox I can do just about anything. I can C&P and do all kinds of things that IE wouldn't let me do.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Interesting, Alix. I've always used IE and this is the only forum I can't cut and paste in..... or when I hit the back button my text is no longer in the box..... but then, it's the only forum that hangs on me once in a while. I thought it was the You Tube thing causing me problems, but apparently not.
Oh well. It doesn't happen all the time.
And if I learned to actually type, it probably wouldn't bother me as much
Old 12-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
Everymom

Yep, its the only one that did it for me too. (That and Andy's Yoga Forum) I think it must have something to do with the particular vBulletin software used to run the forums.

If you are at all interested, I can HIGHLY recommend Firefox. I was resistant for years (ask GB), but finally got frustrated enough to try it out and now I will not go back. I absolutely love Firefox, it is so user friendly and it has solved all those quirky little issues I ran into with IE. Weird, but true.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
When I highlite and rt click the copy and paste feature isn't even an option on this forum. I thought it was some kind of security setting
It doesn't make a difference if I'm in quick post or advanced, or which pc I'm on.

edited to say: I thought it was so we couldn't cross-post a thread.

Try this:

Highlight text and press Control+C to copy and Control+V to paste
Old 12-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll Google up Firefox and check them out. See what kind of mail program I "assume" I'll have to change to....
I would never by an Apple even though I here their new one is great, it would be just as hard for me to use a different browser, too. No matter how good I hear it is. You know what I mean, Alix.

OK...
Hey! It works Andy. How weird. At least it works in the same window and without the forum locking up on me and sending me to a page that can't be displayed.... I wonder if it has something to do with both my mouses.... mice? They just happen to be the same model of Microsoft Trackballs.
Thanks for the keyboard knowledge I'll have to write that down. I wouldn't have to write that down if you could use a P instead of a V