Text color doesn't work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael in FtW

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I have gotten a couple of PMs from people having a problem with the "Text Color" box in the editor not working since our last software upgrade.

If you are having problems ... what Web Browser and version are you using?

If you're not having problems ... what Web Browser and version are you using?

This info will help our site techs isolate the problem and find a fix for it ... I hope.

Testing.... 1, 2, 3....
IE7. Looks like it's going to show up red, but I've never changed the color before, so we'll see.

Oops! Also - what operating system are you using?

I'm using IE6 under Win 98SE - and I lost the ability to change text color in the last upgrade.

WHOA!!!
Michael, did you wave your magic wand? I've been colorless since the last update and now I'm in TECHNICOLOR!
Actually, I hadn't had the color abilities either, but I just figured something out. I DO have the color choice on the "quick reply", but once I hit "go advanced", the color option is gone.

BTW, I'm using firefox & WinXP

The color feature still doesn't work for me. I use IE (whatever the latest version is). I have to do my colors the old fashioned way! LOL

:)Barbara

XP Pro, Michael.
And to add, they aren't working in the full feature reply for me either, just quick reply.
And you folks using IE6 have got to upgrade to 7. The "tabbed windows" is a great feature.

I use IE7 in XP and colour works in QR. I also have the WYSIWYG mode on.
But it doesn't function properly in Advanced mode. When you hit the drop down arrow, the A and arrow boxes turn blue and a little white box appears over the bullets icon as if the drop down box is trying to load but there is nothing in there to load.

Hope that helps.

XP Pro, Michael.
And to add, they aren't working in the full feature reply for me either, just quick reply.
And you folks using IE6 have got to upgrade to 7. The "tabbed windows" is a great feature.
I have IE 7 on my desktop machine , I really don't care for the tabbed feature. :ermm: I guess I am used to the old way. ;)

But it doesn't function properly in Advanced mode. When you hit the drop down arrow, the A and arrow boxes turn blue and a little white box appears over the bullets icon as if the drop down box is trying to load but there is nothing in there to load.

Hope that helps.
I have the same problem with the advanced mode.

I have IE7 with widows XP as well but Doesn't seem to work for me either! :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom