"Thank You" function

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's kind of like a special thank you to the receiver.
You type a quick message in the thanks button that's located on your post. Your message can be seen in the users CP file.

Like mine. Keep in mind though the Mods can and will delete anything that they think is inappropriate. Check out my profile and you'll see a few N/A's I was also sent a note by a mod here saying that it would "behoove me" to watch my step. My post was deleted as well.

Just sayin.

Munky.

The thank you function sends a private message with a link. I'll send one to your post RMM, so you can see for yourself.

Please explain how the 'thanks' function works
-If I really like/agree with someone's post, I'll click it. When they look at their "User's Control Panel" page, they can see that I acknowledged their post.
-If I have a quick comment I want to make to a person, I actually type something into the box that opens up when you first click "Thanks". It's easier than creating a PM. Sometimes, however, that little "Thanks" can result in a lot of PMs flying back and forth! :LOL:

Also, as Munky mentions below, sometimes posts can become "N/A" as to which Thread it was posted in when a thread has been cleaned up. Sometimes the deleted posts can occur just because they no longer were germane to the conversation. Sometimes, as Munky mentions, you can get a little reminder by a Mod to be nice.

...Keep in mind though the Mods can and will delete anything that they think is inappropriate. Check out my profile and you'll see a few N/A's I was also sent a note by a mod here saying that it would "behoove me" to watch my step. My post was deleted as well...

Since somebody brought it up, how does anybody know there is a thank you message there to read? I usually discover them accidentally a few months later. With regular PMs, I get an email.

I get a boxed message in a "you have a new message", or "you have been thanked", that shows up when I go to DC. I'm always logged in and don't have email notifications, so I don't notice it until I hit on DC in my browser.

Since somebody brought it up, how does anybody know there is a thank you message there to read? I usually discover them accidentally a few months later. With regular PMs, I get an email.

That's odd. I get the exact same kind of email notification for thank yous as for regular PMs. In fact, they say they are PMs.

Are you thinking of profile comments? I haven't seen any way of knowing about those without going to the page that has them. Which reminds me, I'll go check on that when I finish this reply.

Back
Top Bottom