"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #51
Chief Eating Officer

Thanks Taxlady.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

One of the forums I am on the Like button stays hidden unless you scroll over it. It is within a member's post. If you Like the post it will say, "You, name, name and 4 others like this". You can click to see who all liked it. After you Like a post you have the option to Unlike it, too. In that case it is not hidden.
And the best thing is no PM's are sent. You see a notification bar when you log onto the forum. If you click on it it might say, "You received three likes". If you click again that is when you actually leave the page and see the member who Liked your post and a few lines of the post. Otherwise you can simply ignore the Notifications bar and click on it when you feel like it. No annoying pop up either. The Notifications is highlited in orange.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #53
Chief Eating Officer

OK so I just tried to give you "thanks" taxlady and I got a popup that said "this post has not received any thanks. you have x number of thanks" with x being the amount of time I have been thanked. Weird.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #54
Master Chef

I just gave myself a thanks. Most other forums will not let you do that, not that it matters.....
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #55
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I think what taxlady was saying (and TL please correct me if I am wrong) is that it does not allow you to give a reason for the thanks.
No reason. No typing. Just click "thanks" and your name appears along with anyone else that has "thanked" the post.

GB. Click on my attempt above and you can see what is presented after someone thanks the post.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #56
Chief Eating Officer

RB I completely understand what you are saying. I am a member of probably over 50 forums. I am very familiar with the system your are talking about. My comment (which is irrelivant anyway since it was not what Taxlady was talking about) is saying exactly what you are saying. That under that system it just lets the person know they are thanked. It does not (like our current system allows) let the person being thanked know why they are being thanked.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
RB I completely understand what you are saying. I am a member of probably over 50 forums. I am very familiar with the system your are talking about. My comment (which is irrelivant anyway since it was not what Taxlady was talking about) is saying exactly what you are saying. That under that system it just lets the person know they are thanked. It does not (like our current system allows) let the person being thanked know why they are being thanked.
That, IMO, is the best way.
A person can click one more time, first on the member's username then the PM button, and type until their heart's content if they have anything to say.
This way the Thanks recipient isn't receiving (basically) blank PM's like it's set up now.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #58
Chief Eating Officer

I dont receive any PM's for thanks as it is right now let alone blank ones. I only see thanks when I click User CP
Old 03-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #59
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That, IMO, is the best way.
A person can click one more time, first on the member's username then the PM button, and type until their heart's content if they have anything to say.
This way the Thanks recipient isn't receiving (basically) blank PM's like it's set up now.
+1

The system needs to be simple and quick. If a personal statement is important to you, then make the extra effort to send a PM. Otherwise, just click one button and you're done.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #60
Chief Eating Officer

Right now it is just 2 clicks Andy. Click "thanks" then click "send your thanks". The personal message is optional.

Closed Thread