"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #1
Head Chef
 
Zagut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Friendship,MD.
Posts: 1,229
Thanks Button.

I happened to click on the User CP.

Seems some folks clicked that button on some of my posts.

Why I'll never understand but it did happen.

I'd like to thank those who did dating back to 2012.
Yeah it's been that long since I clicked User CP and might be that long until I click it again

Is there a way we might be notified if we receive a thanks?

I've never been a behind the scenes kind of person (What you see is what you get) but it would be nice to acknowledge someone's response.

__________________

__________________
Zagut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,858
Somewhere there's a setting where you can receive an email notification when someone thanks you. I've received them that way.
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,259
Zagut, you're going to need to click on "User CP" again if you want to be notified when you are Thanked. If you want to see when one shows up, as indicated in the upper-right of any page in the "Private Messages" link two lines under "Welcome, Zagut", click on the "User CP" again.

When you get to that page, look down the left-hand menu called "Your Control Panel" for the option "Edit Options" (under Settings and Options). Near the bottom of the section called "Messaging and Notifications" you will see a box called "Thanks PM Notification". Check the box. Go to the bottom of the blue section, click on "Save Changes", and wait for the "Thanks" to pour in.

Hope I made this clearer than mud. Good luck.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,838
Some time ago, we discussed a real "thanks" button. I was told it had been discussed long before i joined the forum. Evidently, people here get their feelings hurt to easy. So no "thanks" button or "like" button.
I think we should have one personally.
Something to tell the poster you appreciate their contribution right there in the thread instead of whats really a PM. Loses effectiveness as you just proved.
You did not even know someone thanked until you found it by mistake.
__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #5
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,633
I'm thick skinned so I would even welcome a thumbs down button......LOL...
__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I'm thick skinned so I would even welcome a thumbs down button......LOL...
I can't imagined how much grief that would cause. We have some thin-skinned folk around here.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #7
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,932
Zagut, you should maybe check your CP again!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Zagut, you should maybe check your CP again!
^ Like.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #9
Head Chef
 
Zagut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Friendship,MD.
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Zagut, you're going to need to click on "User CP" again if you want to be notified when you are Thanked. If you want to see when one shows up, as indicated in the upper-right of any page in the "Private Messages" link two lines under "Welcome, Zagut", click on the "User CP" again.

When you get to that page, look down the left-hand menu called "Your Control Panel" for the option "Edit Options" (under Settings and Options). Near the bottom of the section called "Messaging and Notifications" you will see a box called "Thanks PM Notification". Check the box. Go to the bottom of the blue section, click on "Save Changes", and wait for the "Thanks" to pour in.

Hope I made this clearer than mud. Good luck.

Well you sure made it clearer then mud but you also made it work and that's a 4 letter word.
Perhaps one day this drive by poster will take the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
Some time ago, we discussed a real "thanks" button. I was told it had been discussed long before i joined the forum. Evidently, people here get their feelings hurt to easy. So no "thanks" button or "like" button.
I think we should have one personally.
Something to tell the poster you appreciate their contribution right there in the thread instead of whats really a PM. Loses effectiveness as you just proved.
You did not even know someone thanked until you found it by mistake.
Well it is a real "Thanks Button" RB but it isn't what we seem to expect to be.
It's kind of a PM button.
I agree it's effectiveness is lessened but if you know how to find it then it might be useful. Still don't see how thin skinned folks could be hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I'm thick skinned so I would even welcome a thumbs down button......LOL...
Now we're talking. I would get behind that myself but I also understand the limitations of comprehension on the internet and forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I can't imagined how much grief that would cause. We have some thin-skinned folk around here.
Grief??? You get what you pay for. If you want to please everyone you'll never be satisfied. But it's not for me to say the goals of DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Zagut, you should maybe check your CP again!
Guess I'll have to do that at some point.
Is there a happy surprise when I do?
You know, Like all my problems in life are solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
^ Like.
__________________

__________________
Zagut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.