The number of tags you tried to add to this thread.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried ton post a recipe in the deserts area in both version 1.0 and version 3.0 of the forum and both said I had four tags too many...

I was posting a topic "Can I freeze sliced smoked salmon?" and a bit of discussion about how my previously local supermarket Super King has smoked salmon (lox) at about 1/4 the cost of mainstream markets, except SK is now about 20 miles away and all the mainstream supermarkets are 5 minutes away. I'll try and post the topic again.

If it doesn't work I'll see if I can quote my post in this topic. One thing all software engineers know, you need a test case example that fails before you can fix an intermittent or infrequent software answer.

Who knows? Maybe they fixed it already....

Okay, here's yer test case. Attempted to post in Fish & Seafood section:

title:
Can you freeze sliced smoked salmon? (lox)
text:
I moved about 20 miles from the San Fernando Valley to the Santa Clarita Valley. I love my new home but one of the things I had to give up was my local Super King international supermarket in Northridge. I have all the mainstream supermarkets (Ralphs, Albertson's, Von's, Vallarta, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market) within a short distance, but I miss Super King because they have a huge selection of international foods and really, really inexpensive smoked salmon, more than double the price at SK.

Local supermarkets sell lox for about $32/lb, SK sells nicer lox for $14/lb.

I get out to the SK area every week or 10 days, not worth driving out specifically to shop there. I visited a few days ago and bought about 4 lb. of lox. It seems to last pretty long. I've bought 3 packages before, ate lox on a bagel every morning, and it was still good when I ran out.

But it would be really good if I can buy it in bulk and just freeze most of the packages. (Packages are around a pound each.)

So my question: how does sliced salmon fare in the freezer? I would move a package from freezer to refrigerator a few days before I run out.

Will this work?

forum response:
1. The number of tags you tried to add to this thread exceeded the maximum number of tags by 1.

BTW could somebody please answer my question? I got 4 packages and I'd like to freeze a couple of them. This stuff is expensive (but I love it) and I don't want to find out how long it takes to go bad in your refrigerator.

Oh, by the way, if you're a moderator or administrator be sure to log out and log in to a test account with ordinary member privileges. That's one thing I learned while developing forum software, that mods/admins are often excused from rules that are enforced on normal members.

If you're a mod/admin who is testing software you need a test account with ordinary member privileges.

The first one would not let me use tags, I deleted the tags and it let me post. My second post, I did not even try to do tags and it would not allow me to post, it doesn't even give me an option now for adding or subtracting tags.

Just to make it clear, I don't use tags and my test scenario above did not involve any tags. I have never used the "tag" feature.

If you posted my question I hope I can finally get a answer. My lox may be spoiling as I type. I like lox 'n bagels, cream cheese and onions, but I'll have to eat it every day for more than a month if I can't freeze my lox.

Last edited:
I hope my test scenario will help the forum software development team to find the problem that prevented me from posting this topic myself.

I just tried to post my first thread. It will not let me because I am exceeding my tags by one.

I do not even know what a tag is. I simply wrote a message and clicked post.

Firefox browser.

I'm really getting pixxed off. I have an ordinary question with no tags, no graphics, no special text at all, and I'm getting this error.

If I can't post a totally only text question then what use is this forum?

Thanks.

We try really hard to make DC useful. Sometimes code does unexpected things.

This is something the code developers are looking in to.

I see that the first report of the problem occurred on August 28th. I'm curious when the forum software was last upgraded.

Also, just a suggestion, vBulletin should offer a patch that simply disables the number of tags check, until they've fixed the problem.

I just tryed to post a recipe in the Sauces, Marinades, Rubs-
Dry Rubs & Mops and got the "number of tags exceeded by two" message.
I changed the title from "Muskoka BBQ Sauce" to "Muskoka Sauce" and it was accepted no problem.

I just tryed to post a recipe in the Sauces, Marinades, Rubs-
Dry Rubs & Mops and got the "number of tags exceeded by two" message.
I changed the title from "Muskoka BBQ Sauce" to "Muskoka Sauce" and it was accepted no problem.

This is just strange. And I am of totally no help.

Can you get a DC app? Have had no problem with the iPad DC app, other than Parse Errors and Time Outs.

Last edited:
Is there an Android app? I just recently picked up a Kobo Arc.

I think there is. Check out the Android online store, it will be free. I know there's a DC app for iPhone/iPad as I have 'em.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom