"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #41
Executive Chef

I tried ton post a recipe in the deserts area in both version 1.0 and version 3.0 of the forum and both said I had four tags too many...

Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #42
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have once again nudged the PTB...

Old 09-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #43
Executive Chef

I was posting a topic "Can I freeze sliced smoked salmon?" and a bit of discussion about how my previously local supermarket Super King has smoked salmon (lox) at about 1/4 the cost of mainstream markets, except SK is now about 20 miles away and all the mainstream supermarkets are 5 minutes away. I'll try and post the topic again.

If it doesn't work I'll see if I can quote my post in this topic. One thing all software engineers know, you need a test case example that fails before you can fix an intermittent or infrequent software answer.

Who knows? Maybe they fixed it already....
Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #44
Executive Chef

Okay, here's yer test case. Attempted to post in Fish & Seafood section:

title:
Quote:
Can you freeze sliced smoked salmon? (lox)
text:
Quote:
I moved about 20 miles from the San Fernando Valley to the Santa Clarita Valley. I love my new home but one of the things I had to give up was my local Super King international supermarket in Northridge. I have all the mainstream supermarkets (Ralphs, Albertson's, Von's, Vallarta, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Market) within a short distance, but I miss Super King because they have a huge selection of international foods and really, really inexpensive smoked salmon, more than double the price at SK.

Local supermarkets sell lox for about $32/lb, SK sells nicer lox for $14/lb.

I get out to the SK area every week or 10 days, not worth driving out specifically to shop there. I visited a few days ago and bought about 4 lb. of lox. It seems to last pretty long. I've bought 3 packages before, ate lox on a bagel every morning, and it was still good when I ran out.

But it would be really good if I can buy it in bulk and just freeze most of the packages. (Packages are around a pound each.)

So my question: how does sliced salmon fare in the freezer? I would move a package from freezer to refrigerator a few days before I run out.

Will this work?
forum response:
Quote:
1. The number of tags you tried to add to this thread exceeded the maximum number of tags by 1.
BTW could somebody please answer my question? I got 4 packages and I'd like to freeze a couple of them. This stuff is expensive (but I love it) and I don't want to find out how long it takes to go bad in your refrigerator.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Oh, by the way, if you're a moderator or administrator be sure to log out and log in to a test account with ordinary member privileges. That's one thing I learned while developing forum software, that mods/admins are often excused from rules that are enforced on normal members.

If you're a mod/admin who is testing software you need a test account with ordinary member privileges.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Well so much for that, then...it let me post your topic.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteCaffeine deCappucino View Post
okay, I finally got registered as a test account...be back in a bit after seeing what I can post.
We know you're there!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteCaffeine deCappucino View Post
The first one would not let me use tags, I deleted the tags and it let me post. My second post, I did not even try to do tags and it would not allow me to post, it doesn't even give me an option now for adding or subtracting tags.
Just to make it clear, I don't use tags and my test scenario above did not involve any tags. I have never used the "tag" feature.

If you posted my question I hope I can finally get a answer. My lox may be spoiling as I type. I like lox 'n bagels, cream cheese and onions, but I'll have to eat it every day for more than a month if I can't freeze my lox.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #49
Executive Chef

I hope my test scenario will help the forum software development team to find the problem that prevented me from posting this topic myself.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
Executive Chef

aw pf, look, a new latte has joined the forum. and she seems to be of like temperament as your latte....:)