"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Thank you for circling and pointing with a red arrow to the "Advanced Search" feature... I really had not tried that yet, and it does make a difference!

But one question - I've seen a couple of comments like "Sorry to bring this old thread forward..." Is it bad form to find something from 2004 and reply to it?

Old 07-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

nope.
that's the idea ic, bug, alix and the others are trying to force down our throats.
'tis better to bump an old thread with a question, if you can't seem to get our first explanation thru your thick head.

(how's that guys. did i get it right, with the effete, mean spiritedness and all?)

buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 AM   #13
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
What would be ideal, IMO, is to have a place for nothing but recipes so I could search them when I'm looking for something. Often when one does a search, one gets a lot of chit-chat & no real good recipe.
When you go to advanced search, you can check off which forum you'd like your queery to be from too (lower right hand part) Usually there isn't much chit or chat in those. Those are generally saved for the jokes forum.
Hope this helps too!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
nope.
that's the idea ic, bug, alix and the others are trying to force down our throats.
'tis better to bump an old thread with a question, if you can't seem to get our first explanation thru your thick head.

(how's that guys. did i get it right, with the effete, mean spiritedness and all?)
Oh come on now Bucky. Mean spiritedness? I look at this place as almost like a library. In fact, I'll bet that we have one of the most informational sites about food and cooking on the web. But like anything, I just feel that one learns more when one seeks out that information themself. The process I think, is very underrated and an important part in not only learning, but development whether it be in cooking, electronics, gardening, etc.

If I really wanted to be mean spirited I would talk about E-Rod, I mean A-Rod's fielding this year and the Yank's recent acquisition of Sidney Ponson.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:47 AM   #15
Executive Chef

I must be approaching 'oldie' status. Yesterday I was noticing a subject that came up and I believe it has been discussed at least 2 or 3 times since I've been here. I must say whenever I've needed help finding something I knew was here but couldn't find it, those in the know have been wonderful to help me.Perhaps I can do the same for someone also.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #16
Senior Cook

I hope it wasn't the influx of our group of friends that prompted that. For the most part we are a bunch of chefs and foodies that know their stuff. We just like to talk about food and educate others that want help.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

nah, don't worry dacook. to be fair, iron chef is a very talented, organised, and extremely busy chef, so i understand where he's coming from.

it's the other two domineering troublemakers that like to throw their weight around... (i hope everyone realizes that i'm kidding, and i'm much faster than 'bug and alix...)
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

tsk, buckster. Would deah sista Alix and I do anything to harm what's left of the hair on your chinny chin chin?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
That's not a problem. But just bump up whichever thread you didn't find your answer/recipe in with your question/post, and someone will answer your request.

OK - that's good information to have. Works for me.

I really don't want to be a pain in anyone's butt. I feel like I do my homework first & still don't find what I'm looking for at times. I am happy to get a link from a previous conversation.

C
Old 07-26-2006, 07:37 AM   #20
Head Chef

I don't know..

I keep using that search button, but it just WILL NOT find my lost mind!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote