This copyright thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
The tricky part is when it comes to re-wording a recipe so that it does not break any laws. The only way to know if you have reworded it enough it to get sued and go before a judge and jury. Once they give you the verdict then you will know if you re-worded it enough. Before that, you won't know.

Oh, yeah, that's now on the top of my list of things to do; get sued for copyright infringement! NOT! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Sadly, you're right, and it comes down to money. Now, before I go getting in trouble for bashing copyrights, that is not what I am saying. What I mean is in order to understand the laws, you have to pay a bunch of overpriced people your hard earned money. I'm of the mindset that things ought not be so convoluted, yet those promulgating the law convolute it so bad I don't think they know what it means. What ever happened to the KISS theory (Keep It Simple Stupid)? Oh, wait, the national unemployment rate would skyrocket if the language of the law (note language, not intent, meaning, or interpretation) was reduced to where a reasonably well educated individual could comprehend it (perhaps with some research). Instead, we pay a ton of money to people who are at best arguably experts in law yet have a difference of opinion often with great varience with their colleagues to argue before a judge, or group thereof, who are no more then highly promoted attornies themselves. Alas, that is a whole different realm, as I digress.

I just want to live my life, have a family, and live by the rules. The latter is hard to do when you often can't comprehend the rules, let alone understand them.

I should stop and get off my soap box. My apologies if any are bothered by my sarcasm. :)

LOL - I hope you have a big soapbox because we all want to stand on it! LOL

You wouldn't believe the amount of conversing behind the scenes we have done - and we are extremely lucky to have one of those "experts" behind the scenes with us. That is why we fully understand what to do (well, most of the time fully understand because it's still fuzzy - we just know we have to stay within the fuzzy) :chef: When it comes to law wouldn't the KISS method be wonderful!!!!! It seems like even those concrete laws can be "interpreted" into a good argument. Dang, I'll get off your soapbox now!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom