Trying a poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many chickens do you have

• 1 mean one

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 sweet ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 crazy ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 dizzy ones

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have five of them right now.

Two older ones, one is a nice sweet girl the other
is the hen from you know where. She's so mean to everyone else. She chases the cat, pecks at the other chickens and even bit me the other day so hard on the foot that I bled! She may become dinner next week ( hubby will have to kill, clean and cook her cuz, I may be MAD at her but I don't hate her that much)

And then we have the chicks.( 2 months old) All three are great for different reasons.
The first is the calmest chicken that I've ever met. She will just stand on my arm for as long as I'll let her and she looks much more like a hawk than a chicken.
I like the second one because she is so pretty. White and black.

And then there's Katie. My favorite little girl. She's a Polish Crested chicken. They say she won't be much of a layer but...I got her only because of her looks so that's ok. She's supposed to be a show chicken.
I had a dream of showing her at the fair. LOLOLOLOL that will never happen. She's the ugliest chicken you'll ever see. Her poor upper beak is so curved over that the lower one has been forced all the way to the right side of her face. Talk about silly looking. But... I love her anyway.

My sister had chickens for about a year. The rooster attacked her one day and almost scratched her face off.

I have no idea what she finally did with them. I know neither her nor her husband could have killed them for stew.:rolleyes:

We don't have a rooster. We want eggs NOT more chickens. I have heard the males could be really mean but I didn't know the hens could be so tough.

LOL Middie. I was going to list produce but I decided on fun chickens.:LOL: I was on one site where I could never figure out the polls.

img_296959_0_4440722fe19e76b0b28f5c19ca9d949b.gif

I know absolutely NOTHING about chickens. I have seen pretty ones at chicken shows on Discovery Channel, though.:rolleyes:

No chickens, but my sis had 4 turkeys, does that count? I hate those ugly suckers...unless they're in my oven of course :LOL:

What kind do you have Jen? I love them when they are babies! So cute and sweet!!

But boy oh boy do they poop a lot!!

FryBoy said:
Hey, not everyone has chickens!

I have a parrot -- does he count?

Remember the Parrot joke. He was saying bad words so the owner put him in the freezer. When he let the parrot out he was good as gold. Then he asked what the he!! did the chicken do. :LOL:

How come the poll closed so quickly????? I miss having chickens everytime I throw a bunch of salad trimmings in the garbage...no, I'm not doing composting anymore either. No more mother earth - I just want to travel...

cjs said:
How come the poll closed so quickly????? I miss having chickens everytime I throw a bunch of salad trimmings in the garbage...no, I'm not doing composting anymore either. No more mother earth - I just want to travel...
I dont know Jean :LOL: We are having salmon tonight:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom