Upgrade Today (July 24, 2008)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We will be performing a small upgrade to the site today 7-24. It should not take long, but expect some blank pages and the occasional 404 during the upgrade. The upgrade should not take long so these blank pages, if they happen, will only be quick outages.

OK the main upgrade is done. Let us know if you notice any improvement with the speed.

Not sure what you are talking about quicksilver so I am sure you are in the clear :)

There were two upgrades that were happening today. The main one is done, but the secondary is not.

All the upgrades are now complete. Chat should be working now. Please let us know if you find anything that is not working or acting weird.

I still am having the problem with where the cursor goes. When I click on an unread thread, the cursor goes to the Quick Reply box at the end of the thread, even if I click on the title (it should take me to the first post).

This is probably totally unrelated to the updates, but I used to get a popup notification when I received a message from someone.... now if I don't notice it in the upper righthand corner..... well, I don't notice it. This has been going on for a while now, maybe a couple months.

I still am having the problem with where the cursor goes. When I click on an unread thread, the cursor goes to the Quick Reply box at the end of the thread, even if I click on the title (it should take me to the first post).

Andy, someone who was having the same problem mentioned that once they cleared their cache and temp internet files that the problem went away. Have you tried that yet?

Others who use better browsers have reported not having that problem :cool:

Pacanis, you should be able to change that in your User CP.
I checked his settings and he is already set up to get the pop up.

Pacanis, have do you have a pop up blocker turned on? That would keep you from seeing the PM one.

I checked his settings and he is already set up to get the pop up.

Pacanis, have do you have a pop up blocker turned on? That would keep you from seeing the PM one.

I guess I should have read your message before checking my CP myself :wacko:

Yes, I have a popup blocker turned on. The same one I have always used when I used to receive notification. And it does not prevent me from receiving notification on other boards. Plus, anything that gets blocked I know, just in case I want to turn the blocker off and read what the popup was. I no longer receive the email notification either when I receive a message.
The only changes I can think of was; 1) when I turned off my subscriptions, but that was a while ago, and 2) when the forum started adding features like the friend list and such.

Back
Top Bottom