"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #21
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Hey, how can it "drive" you nuts when you are already there?

.........paybacks......................yo u know what I'm talking about, right?
LOL How true!

Anyway, I am finally able to get them to stop showing as unread--I just have to go through every one of the marked posts one by one. Thank goodness I don't have anything else to do (like sewing, housework, etc.).

Barbara
P.S. Have you gotten the hair off of your tongue yet?
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
LOL How true!

Anyway, I am finally able to get them to stop showing as unread--I just have to go through every one of the marked posts one by one. Thank goodness I don't have anything else to do (like sewing, housework, etc.).

Barbara
P.S. Have you gotten the hair off of your tongue yet?
LOL - nope - the hair is still on my tongue and it tastes like Dachshund!!!!!

For anyone who wants to REALLY get rid of the new threads a bit faster than reading them all there are a couple ways of doing it:

#1 - when you click on a forum click on a forum click on Forum Tools (right above all the list of threads) then click on "Mark This Forum Read". That will take care of the issue forum by forum.

#2 - if you REALLY want to get it done in one fell swoop go to the page that lists ALL the forums. Scroll down and right under the Miscellaneous forum is a dark blue line with a link titled "Mark Forums Read". This will mark ALL the forums read at one time.

You can always click on the Quick Links right under where it says Welcome (and your name) in the upper right - right under the big Discuss Cooking logo. Click on Today's Posts and you will see everything that was posted "today" (whatever day "today" might be).
__________________

__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
LOL - nope - the hair is still on my tongue and it tastes like Dachshund!!!!!

For anyone who wants to REALLY get rid of the new threads a bit faster than reading them all there are a couple ways of doing it:

#1 - when you click on a forum click on a forum click on Forum Tools (right above all the list of threads) then click on "Mark This Forum Read". That will take care of the issue forum by forum.

#2 - if you REALLY want to get it done in one fell swoop go to the page that lists ALL the forums. Scroll down and right under the Miscellaneous forum is a dark blue line with a link titled "Mark Forums Read". This will mark ALL the forums read at one time.

You can always click on the Quick Links right under where it says Welcome (and your name) in the upper right - right under the big Discuss Cooking logo. Click on Today's Posts and you will see everything that was posted "today" (whatever day "today" might be).
I thought there must be something like that here but hadn't seen it lately. Thanks! I know I have seen it at other sites. That will definitely be quicker than going through all of them and refreshing every five seconds!

Barbara
P.S. I'm so in love with that little dachshund that it's not even funny!
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Barbara
P.S. I'm so in love with that little dachshund that it's not even funny!
Hey, did I ever charge you for the tonsillectomy she gave you?
__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #25
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Hey, did I ever charge you for the tonsillectomy she gave you?
She sure did try, didn't she?! I'm sure Cubbie would like a little of that action--you should see him and the 3 visiting pups. They all greet each other by licking each others' mouths! They are a bunch of nuts!

Barbara
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.