"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements

Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #31
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
There are many vegetarian/vegan dishes that don't fit anywhere else here, provide complete nutritional proteins, & are worth singling out in a forum easy to access.
So, like a one pot meal, but done vegetarian style? Can you please give me some examples?

Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
Taco Bell used to sell a sort of styrofoam with cinnamon sort of thing. I'm not sure where I would post that.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyapti View Post
Taco Bell used to sell a sort of styrofoam with cinnamon sort of thing. I'm not sure where I would post that.
????????????????
Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
There are separate forums or sub forums for Beef, Lamb, Pork, Game and even a separate one for Veal. Is anyone willing to even recognize a bias?

There is a bias. There are separate forums or sub forums for Beef, Lamb, Pork, Game and even a separate one for Veal. That's fine. But, there's also a missing component in the world of cooking. Vegetarian is a category that exists on most recipe sites and it doesn't exist here.
But those are just ingredients! Same as a vegetarian Black Bean and Rice, or vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna. Those two dishes have Beans or Pasta as the ingredient. Iím just kind of lost as to what the difference is. Healthyfoodie mentioned using seitan. Iíve never heard of that, and I can see how that doesnít fit anywhere else. But tofu is a bean.

Also, what would happen in a vegetarian forum? Wouldnít it be chaos without having sub folders? I mean, Biscuits are vegetarian. So is cake, brownies, French fries, and a Bloody Mary.

Either way, I donít have a horse in this race. Iím just curious as to what would make it different. Besides using seitan, Iíve not seen anything that doesnít fit elsewhere. But still, it doesnít matter to me! I come to DC nearly everyday and simply hit ďNew PostsĒ and it pulls up everyone that I havenít seen since my last visit. So, 99% of the time, as Iím reading and responding to posts, I donít know where they are on DC. Heck, I just had to double check and find out that THIS thread is in the Forum Help area!

Sometimes I search a particular forum based on the ingredient, but most often if Iím looking for something, I use the Search Title function.

I kind of see the point if we think about methodology. There are many ways to cook ribs, but one method is to grill or smoke, and that method has itís own forum. Iím newly into outdoor DO cooking, and even though my recipes would fit into beef, chicken, soups, etc, I put them in the Outdoor Cooking DO forums because that is the method Iím using. From that line of thinking, I kind of see the point.

And I look forward to your deep fried recipes!!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #35
Head Chef

Quote:
Miscellaneous!!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #36
Head Chef

My 2 cents...

I would post the recipe under Health/Nutrition/Special Diets (includes vegan etc.) catagory - that already exists on this site, & label same vegan/vegetarian.

For whatever it's worth, here's the definition (as it sometimes confuses me as well):

Vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #37
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
My 2 cents...

I would post the recipe under Health/Nutrition/Special Diets (includes vegan etc.)
Holy rusted metal Batman! I didnít even know that forum existed. It even specifies Vegan.

I think the dark-side of my deep fat-fried mentality disallowed my eyes from recognizing that forum was there!!!!

Wasn't it Hank Jr. that said "A country boy can Deep Fry"?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin View Post
Holy rusted metal Batman! I didnít even know that forum existed. It even specifies Vegan.

I think the dark-side of my deep fat-fried mentality disallowed my eyes from recognizing that forum was there!!!!

Wasn't it Hank Jr. that said "A country boy can Deep Fry"?!?!?!?!?!
We better keep our deep-fried twinkies out of there.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
vyapti, I think I remember that... wasn't it a dessert? Sure was good.

------------------

So... would now be a good time to ask if we can have a topic under Desserts/Baked goods called:

Souffle/Mousse/Flan/Pudding/Custard
(also includes foam )
Old 09-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
vyapti, I think I remember that... wasn't it a dessert? Sure was good. )
I think they had to ban it because you could pour gasoline on it and make napalm.