Visitor Messages - IMPORTANT NOTE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I am kind of on the fence with visitor messages. They seem like nothing more than another way to do things that we can already do. Have I missed something? It two people want to have a conversation PM's work better anyway. Although the 50 message quota is a bit small. Especially if you have been given some good recipies.
You're not alone on the fence. I think quite a few people (including me) are there. I don't have a problem with them, but I wouldn't miss them if that feature disappeared.

Also (and you didn't hear this from me! lol) I have noticed that visitor messages seem to have started to replace karma in many cases. Not that I care a bit about karma! (Oh, okay, I am a shameless karma grabber! But I also love to pass it out!).

:)Barbara

...Have I missed something? It two people want to have a conversation PM's work better anyway. Although the 50 message quota is a bit small. Especially if you have been given some good recipies.

I don't use the internet for storage of documents such as recipes. I always download them to a MS Word document and save it on my hard drive and back up. That way I have them available to me when there is no internet access. Also, I can format them to my standard format in larger type so it's easier to read.

Another question - if there's no point in replying to someone who posts a query on my profile by posting the reply on my profile, why am I even able to do that?

Andy M - That is what I do as well. At the moment, I have a time problem. Work has been very slow and I finally have some. As soon as I get some of it done that is to happen.

Even though I understood how the visitor page worked, I still would accidentally post to it so thanks for removing the box from our own pages. It will help us all.

question that I'm sure doesn't fit in here, at all, forgive.
"""a required field called gender is missing or has an invalid link """
that's what shows up when I'm trying to edit my email addy.
what's up there?

I would like to add that our same Community Policies apply to Visitor Messages. Those are for public viewing and must be held to the same standards as other public posts. Take it to PM (Private Message) if it is something that you shouldn't post on the open forums.

LEFSE - I'm not sure what you are talking about - sorry. Have you already edited your e-mail addy? Let me know via PM as I may not get back to this thread today. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom