We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Shining Star

The angels looked down from heaven one night
They searched for miles afar,
And deep within the distance
They could see a shining star.

They knew that very instant
That the star was theirs to gain,
So they took you up to heaven
Forever to remain.

Look down on us from heaven
Keep us free from hurt and pain,
You'll always be within my heart
Until we meet again.
Anonymous

DC lost a shining star this morning. Our dear, sweet kadesma died early this morning Pacific Time and will leave an indelible impression on many of us.

kadesma.jpg

She was a gentle lady who graced DC with her presence in the fall of 2004 and management, in its wisdom, made her a part of the management team in August of 2006. She was a wise woman and a fine judge of character.

As was evidenced by her posts, her family (especially her grandchildren) was what made her go and filled her heart.

Those of us who had the honor to work alongside her will be forever changed and enriched. We all loved her.

I am sorry to be the bearer of this sad news but she would want all her family here at DC celebrate her life.

So...let's say, "Glad to have known you, Shining Star!"

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ was one of the first handful of DC members and her positive and caring posts helped shape the community. She always had kind and encouraging comments to offer; most especially to new cooks..

Here is a link to her profile page and a there is a brief biography there. Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - View Profile: kadesma

We will miss her deeply.

I've had tears off and on since I got the news. Kadesma was a lovely person and an example for me on how to be gracious and kind. She loved hard and gave of herself everyday in so many ways. I'm going to miss her. She leaves a hole in our DC family, and in my heart. Bye CJ.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go to CJ's family. Though I never met her in person, I sought her out on DC. I loved hearing about her family (especially the grandchildren) and what she had cooking (in and out of the kitchen.) I will sincerely miss her and send my deepest sympathy to those who loved her on and offline.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this news. Although I didn't know her as well as some of you, it was obvious she was a sweet woman who had nothing but kind words for everyone.

I loved her recipes. They were always of the "a little of this, a little of that" type, and reminded me of the ones my grandmother passed on to me.

Rest in peace, Kadesma.

I'm so sad to read this. I'm crying. Good bye sweet lady. We will miss you and your wonderful recipes. My sincerest condolences to her family.

I had to come back to pay my respects to a lady who changed my life. She literally became my Ma - helping me through my Dad's illness and passing. We talked on the phone, sent PM's to each other of encouragement regarding our personal struggles with health and other challenges.

Dear Ma, I am glad you are no longer suffering and are where you want to be. I will miss you and thank you for being part of my life.

Love,
Your gal

Last edited:
I am very sorry. I didn't know anything was wrong until Cat started crying and ran outside with Azia.

I found this thread on Cat's desktop.

I'm so sorry for her passing. I liked her very much and so did Cat. She was so kind to Cat.

This is a terrible loss. I'll always remember her for being so good to my daughter here.

I'm very, very sorry. Cat and I will miss her very much.

Yours truly,
MammaCat

Good Bye Ma

Warm, caring and thoughtful. CJ was, in her own quiet way, the most creative cook here.

I'll miss you.

I had to come back to pay my respects to a lady who changed my life. She literally became my Ma - helping me through my Dad's illness and passing. We talked on the phone, sent PM's to each other of encouragement regarding our personal struggles with health and other challenges.

Dear Ma, I am glad you are no longer suffering and are where you want to be. I will miss you and thank you for being part of my life.

Love,
Your gal

I am crying but I see she is no longer suffering. I didn't know she was suffering.

I'll never forget her and her kindness to me. I'm going to save all her posts to me on a file of my computer.

She was a wonderful cook and a very precious soul.

Oh, this hurts very much.

But Mamma said, "As long as we remember them, they are never far away."

With love,
~Cat

Her grace and kindness always shined brightly through everything she said here; a beautiful example for everyone. We were all blessed to have known her.

Thank you Ma for all the wisdom, comfort, and deliciousness you shared with all of us. I appreciated knowing if I needed a good recipe that would appeal to the masses, I could just search the posts for your name and find just the right dish. You will truly be missed by so many for so many reasons.

This is such sad news.......Every time I would read one of CJ's posts, I immediately felt the warmth and kindness. I perceived a strong woman full of grace and wisdom. Some may think me odd, but each of you here has a "voice" in my head when I read your posts, the voice that belonged to "Kadesma" was soft, soothing and maternal. I will miss that voice and the sweet soul that went with it. Good bye dear CJ.

I'm typing through tears. My heart goes out to her family and to those who knew her better than I. Kades sent me notes of encouragement during my first stop here at DC. I enjoyed reading her posts once I returned. Now her grandbabies have a very special guardian angel looking watch over them. Godspeed CJ. We'll miss ya.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who love her. She was always kind and I always got the impression of a smile shining through her posts. I will miss her.

Yes! I also saw many smiles. You are so very right. This is how I will always remember her; so many smiles in her posts.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom