We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what a shame. And so sudden.
My condolences to her family.

CJ was the first on here that I felt a strong bond with. She helped me through some tough times in my life. I know she hated what dialysis was doing to her and that she wasn't able to keep up with her babies as much. She loved her grandkids with a passion many don't see. She was the sweetest, most gentle being on this earth with the fight of a bull.
My tears are flowing for my love of this great lady. I love you CJ!!!

Attachments

• CJ.jpg
    CJ.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 280
so very sorry to read about her passing. I didn't know her personally, but always felt as though if I dropped in I'd be welcome at her table. Sad news...

I am so sorry to hear this sad news, although I too am glad she is free of pain now. CJ was such a sweet, caring person and she will certainly be missed. My condolences to her family.

I cant read through these posts right now as my eyes are filled with tears for CJ. She was a very special woman and I am proud to have called her a friend. Very few people show the love that she had beaming out of her at all times. The world is a sadder place today, but a much better place for having had her in our lives in the first place.

Rest well CJ. You will live on in our memories and hearts.

Kadesma touched each of us with her genuine love of others, including us. I will miss her for a time. But I expect, I will see her, and each of you down the road of eternal life, and it will be a grand reunion, with good things, and good family, and good friends at the table.

Kades; In your new home, learn much, love much, and know that we all love you, and will expect a big hug when we get where you are.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

What a wonderful person she was.

She impacted so many of us here and she was family.

I am sad, but I feel honored to have been a part of her existence.

img_1323604_0_e46bd16ea716a469e4c941294789fb35.jpg

I am so very sorry to hear of this. My deepest sympathies and all our thoughts and prayers go out for her family and friends. She was indeed a gentle soul. I will miss her.

This is what I was watching yesterday morning when cj left us.

She had a profound affect on many of us here at DC and she will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace my friend.

Attachments

• DSCN1232.jpg
    DSCN1232.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 180
I didn't say anything in my initial post about my thoughts about kadesma because I was too emotional and didn't know what to say or how to say it. I've had a few hours to think and gotten some rest and feel more confident that my words will come more reasonably.

Ma was a great lady and had a heart bigger than I could imagine. She loved completely, especially her family. It was all too obvious that she took great joy in food and cooking and enveloping those around her table with the sights, smells and tastes of her efforts.

She was a rock and a soft place for me when Buck died in 2008. Even though she wasn't physically near, I always felt her sweet arms around me when I need them. We talked on the phone right after his death and continued to do that, off and on, to recent times.

What a joy she was to know and my life is richer for having had her in it.

I have such a heavy heart to hear this, as we were just talking here about our mushroom soups on Sunday and just a few hours later she was gone. She was truly a wonderful person and touched so many here at DC with her classic gentle and helpful nature.
Her signature on every post was "HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna :)" Now her precious family has a very special angel. Rest easy dear one.

Last edited:
We've sent some flowers to CJs family on behalf of the DC family. I know they cannot really ease their hearts but at least they will know that there are many arms around her memory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom