We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Received an email from kadesma's husband.

Just wanted to share an email I received from kadesma's husband, Gil. When he let me know she'd died and asked me to notify her DC family, I accepted and asked him if there was anything I could do. The following email is his reply:

Katie,

I have read all of the posts concerning Carole on the discuss Cooking Forum. Fantastic!!!!
I can honestly say that I cried after every post. The love that all of you showed will never
be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Gil
p.s. You asked, what can I do? YOU DID IT

I just wanted our DiscussCooking family to know that all your posts mean a lot to him. It's truly an honor to be part of such a compassionate site. You can see that what was said touched him.

Thanks for sharing that Katie. My thoughts and prayers are with him as you and I both know what it is to be widowed. Life has gone on for both you and I, but the world really just stops spinning for a time.
Prayers for Gil...

Erica and I want to thank you for extending that invitation. My father has been on and read through the posts. He, like us, was in tears. It warms our hearts to know how much you all cared for her. We would also like to say thank you for the beautiful flowers. I will try to attach the photo. If it works, CJ's grandchildren are in it. From left to right is Cade, Carson, Olivia, and Ethan.

Gina and Erica, I ran my girlfriend for her dialysis three times a week for three weeks every month. So I know how difficult and painful it can be. But never, ever did we hear her complain once. Just the opposite. I was always amazed that she always wanted to bake something special for the nurses and staff. What else could she do? She had such a gentle and kind heart. It was always about others, never herself. She only saw the very best in others.

I have been playing Amazing Grace over and over again. A beautiful song for a beautiful soul. If there is a brighter star in the skies tonight, we will know it is Kadesma shining down on all of us. And mostly down on her family. Thank you for loaning her to us. It just wasn't long enough. :angel:

Last edited:
Just wanted to share an email I received from kadesma's husband, Gil. When he let me know she'd died and asked me to notify her DC family, I accepted and asked him if there was anything I could do. The following email is his reply:

Katie,

I have read all of the posts concerning Carole on the discuss Cooking Forum. Fantastic!!!!
I can honestly say that I cried after every post. The love that all of you showed will never
be forgotten.

Sincerely,
Gil
p.s. You asked, what can I do? YOU DID IT

I just wanted our DiscussCooking family to know that all your posts mean a lot to him. It's truly an honor to be part of such a compassionate site. You can see that what was said touched him.

Thank you, Katie. They are all in our thoughts and in our prayers.

With love,
~Cat and MammaCat

My gosh I am so sad to hear of this. She was such a wonderful person. She has been there for me when my dad passed. She and many other wonderful people have helped me through the worst time of my life. Thank you Cj. You will be greatly missed. :'(

Thank you again, everyone, for the kind words and love for my mom! I just wanted to let you know that your words have helped us so much that my dad has printed out every page of this thread and put them into a folder.

I just got the courage and emotional energy to open the box from kadesma that contained her surprise house warming gift to me. Here is a photo.

sniff

Attachments

• DSCN1316.jpg
    DSCN1316.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 166
Beautiful Beth, and so very touching.

Oh, Beth. That's just beautiful. Just like kadesma herself. What a lovely treasure! And, it's something you can display year 'round. Like having your very own guardian angel.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe hang it over the lightswitch by your front door? Whichever door you'll be going in and out of most. That way kadesma can bless you going and greet you when you return. :heart:

I just got the courage and emotional energy to open the box from kadesma that contained her surprise house warming gift to me. Here is a photo.

sniff

I was waiting for this one. I knew that you would think it very special, Ma is always with us!

Thank you for sharing. My mom was very thoughtful and giving!I will be keeping that picture in my phone ?
Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you for loving my mom!!

Back
Top Bottom