We must say "Farewell" to one of our own.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for sharing. My mom was very thoughtful and giving!I will be keeping that picture in my phone ?de0a
Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you for loving my mom!!

Arimiddde0a how could we not love her??
I'm just so happy we had the chance to get to know such a wonderful wonderful person. Much love to you all.

I just got the courage and emotional energy to open the box from kadesma that contained her surprise house warming gift to me. Here is a photo.

sniff
Beth, I just saw this. The tears are flowing down my face. Thank you for sharing that. I thought I had hold of my grief but I think not and I am glad, because if I let go of my grief I am afraid I will let go of her.

I feel I need to share something here and now. When my Dad was so ill and I was struggling to deal with my own health, his needs and his dementia which was really taking it's toll on me, Ma told me to pay no never mind but to focus on what I knew was in his heart. She would always check in and see how things were going.

When he passed away she told me "he is now looking down on you honey and his mind is clear and he is no longer in pain. He knows the love you had for him and still carry in your heart."

Ma is looking down on everyone that she has touched in this world She knows the love we had for her and still carry in our hearts.

I am again overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing stories of how she helped you through tough times. My mother was a very thoughtful person. Beth, that gift from my mom to you has now become a gift to me...all because you had the courage to open it and post it here. Thank you! Happy Holidays to you all. You are in my thoughts, and will be for a long time to come.

Ok; Kade's Kids; I honor my parents memory by doing two things; 1rst, those parts of them that I loved most, I have consiously adopted into my own personality; 2nd, I occasionally cook something that they made, that I especially enjoyed, and since I especially enjoyed a great many of the dishes they made, it gives me lots to work with.:LOL: It keeps their memory alive and fresh for me.

In that vein, take that plunge and learn to cook like your mother, and grandmother for you grandkids. It's not as hard as it is daunting. But we are here to help you. We can offer you suggestions, give you blow-by-blow instructions for virtually any technique you could ever want to use, and help you recreate the memorable foods Kadesna made for you.

Whenever I make New England Boiled Dinner, or American Goulash, I do it the same way my Dad did. From my Mom, I learned chili, baked bread, and date-filled cookies. From my Stepdad, It's fried eggs. From my Grandparents, it's poached eggs and country-fried steak.

I have more creations of my own than I could list. And so I have my own identity in the world of cooking that my own children can pass on. But in that world, my parents and grandparents will always figure in, because I handed that down to them too.

She did it because she loved giving you her best. You can adopt, and pass on that tradition, and by so doing, do more than honor your mother, you can make her a part of you, and your family, forever. So go ahead and jump into the pool. We're you life preservers if you need them.;)

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I just got the courage and emotional energy to open the box from kadesma that contained her surprise house warming gift to me. Here is a photo.

sniff

Oh. This brings tears. This is such a beautiful gift to you.

I know it is now one of your so very cherished possessions.

With love,
~Cat

I am again overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing stories of how she helped you through tough times. My mother was a very thoughtful person. Beth, that gift from my mom to you has now become a gift to me...all because you had the courage to open it and post it here. Thank you! Happy Holidays to you all. You are in my thoughts, and will be for a long time to come.

I have not had the feeling that this gift was ever solely for me. I think she meant it for all of us who ever loved her.

i hardly got to know kadesma as i've only been on dc for a couple of years,but i always thought that her avatar suited her perfectly.kind & gentle,even when she was telling me off!!.clearly a well loved,respected & much missed lady.
the world is so short of good people.....sadly,that deficit has just got bigger.

I have not had the feeling that this gift was ever solely for me. I think she meant it for all of us who ever loved her.

I think our Beth is correct in these feelings. I would feel the same way.

Kadesma loved all of us. I've looked back at her posts, and I have seen this. But I did see how happy she was always for our accomplishments, and how happy she was for you, Beth, for to see the beginning of your new home. A home is a very special place, Beth, as you see. Kadesma had this gift for to see into our hearts and she knew how special your new home is.

She made her home (from what I understand) a warm and welcoming place with good food, laughter, and very much love. Her gift to you is part of her legacy, which was so very rich with love. She has passed a part of herself to you, Beth.

I'm so very, very happy for you. And I'm also so very grateful that you have this. Now you have something which is tangible to remind you of a very, very great lady who will be forever in all of our hearts and especially yours.

With love to you, Beth,
~Cat

At home and up early this morning Kadesma came into my mind.
Turned on DC and read this very sad news.
What a kind sweet brilliant with sound advice lady CJ was.
Last I spoke with her on the phone, she was kind and gentle as always.
I will never forget the incredible advice she always offered me.
So kind, so sweet, so gentle, heaven is now filled with one of the best.
RIP dear lady.

At home and up early this morning Kadesma came into my mind.
Turned on DC and read this very sad news.
What a kind sweet brilliant with sound advice lady CJ was.
Last I spoke with her on the phone, she was kind and gentle as always.
I will never forget the incredible advice she always offered me.
So kind, so sweet, so gentle, heaven is now filled with one of the best.
RIP dear lady.

I was just thinking about her yesterday, how much we miss her here at DC and in this world. She was one of a kind:heart:

I've not been here in quite a whilel and only learned of CJ's passing last week. She was truly everything that all of you have posted. She gave me many tips and recipes that I've used over and over. The last message I got from her was a recipe she was sending when she finished dialysis. She certainly left wonderful memories for all of us.

when kads passed, a few people here contacted me to let me know (which i greatly appreciated). my heart sunk. i couldn't share my grief with anyone, so i just said goodbye to her from my heart to heaven where she undoubtedly smiles down at us since that day

cj was the class of this site. it's a rare thing to know a person who has such a pure and gentle heart. who held malice for no one but genuine love and kindness for everyone. she set an example that we can only hope to follow.

god bless and keep you, kads, until we meet again.

I understand from Cat that she was very sweet to her, and she was loving and kind, and a great cook.

Cat took with her in her recipe book for her new boat, a bunch of recipes from here, and several were from Kadesma. Cat grieved at her passing; she cried.

I wish I had known her as all of you do. Cat left me her notebook about all her friends here and on other sites, and she had written this about Kadesma:

"I wish I could bring her back. I wish I could have spoken to her of her recipes and of her life. She was so very kind and so very nice. I suppose there were perhaps a need for another angel in Heaven, and so the Lord received the one He needed. I was just not for this to happen. If there is the cooking in Heaven, she is the head chef of this."

Since Cat gave me her notebook, and I see this now, I thought it appropriate to share what she wrote. She gave me permission to use it in any way I felt necessary.

I hunted up a lot of Kadesma's posts and read them. She was truly wonderful, and so sorely missed.

I wish I had joined here long ago when Cat suggested it.

Thanks for sharing that CL. I know many of us think of Kades often, and of Cat too. What a sweet and caring young woman she is.
I wish you'd tell Cat to check in with us. I hear they have computers in Romania. ;)

Thanks for sharing that CL. I know many of us think of Kades often, and of Cat too. What a sweet and caring young woman she is.
I wish you'd tell Cat to check in with us. I hear they have computers in Romania. ;)

I have talked with CL often and she has told me that it is almost impossible to use the computers to other continents. It can take hours to get a connection. She often talks to Cat by phone instead. Unfortunately, Romania is not one of the most up to date countries. :angel:

I have talked with CL often and she has told me that it is almost impossible to use the computers to other continents. It can take hours to get a connection. She often talks to Cat by phone instead. Unfortunately, Romania is not one of the most up to date countries. :angel:

You mean to other countries, right, Addie? We Skype with one of our former exchange students in Germany regularly and she has no trouble getting a connection.

Btw, considering this article, I'm surprised Cat has trouble getting an Internet connection. Her parents seem rather wealthy. http://foxnomad.com/2012/03/15/why-is-the-internet-in-romania-so-damn-fast/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom