We now have a Terms and Techniques Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just laughed out loud, really loud reading one of rainee's posts there, about brining (because my brine was too salty last night). apparently, salt water, when spelled as one word, is a no no. it took me a few seconds to figure it out, but there's a bad word in it. now that level of censorship is getting ridiculous.

The problem is bucky that the word censor only picks up on letters used together, whether there are other letters attached or not. It's a difficult call to make sometimes but I played hardcore editor for a couple days in a row and that's no fun either. I think we can say The Naked Chef now though!!! LOL

i assumed as much elfie. don't kill yourself doing too much editing tho. it's only mildly annoying, and sometimes even fun to try to figure out the bad word. thank god i don't live in lancaster pennsylvania. the names of some of their towns would overload the censor app.

My blond roots must be running really deep today! I've been trying to figure out the salt water thing since 12:30 today & I just now got it!:oops:

Umm, Salt water? (please delineate) ( I don't understand) (also) what are the "icons" that say "Bad post"? Vote 5 Stars!!! for DC! :) Atomic Jed!

Well, crewsk, I've not figured it out yet...think I'm gonna have to write it down and cogitate!

But it sure looks great around here!

(After much contemplation) perhaps, I see sal ****er (is that the reason for censor) ? any how, How is Beshemel (one of the 5 "mother sauces spelled?) (Butter / Flour, (Roux) with milk) Beshemel? ( is that the correct spelling? :) Atomic Jed!

(I guess I surmised the answer) (to T *** (no ofense intended) (My Obnosis must be correct, (the word was censored) (Pardon me please) (I was just curious) :) Atomic Jed!

Atomic Jed said:
(After much contemplation) perhaps, I see sal ****er (is that the reason for censor) ? any how, How is Beshemel (one of the 5 "mother sauces spelled?) (Butter / Flour, (Roux) with milk) Beshemel? ( is that the correct spelling? :) Atomic Jed!
It is spelled Béchamel

TY! GB!!!! Be`chamel ! (can, be made into Cheese sauce too! (TY Kindly GB (for you friendly informitve wisdom and Knowledge! Vote 5 Stars for DC!!!! :) Atomic Jed!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom