Why doesn't my post show up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I made a post on the weather thread about the storm we had this afternoon, but it doesn't show up on the general forum. How come?

I see your post. It says...

Southern Illinois had a terrible storm this afternoon with tropical storm strength winds. There were a few tornado sightings, but most of damage came straight line winds. There were sustained winds of 60 mph and gusts of 100 mph.
Many roads are closed, including I57, where overturned semi's and trees have the road blocked. Carbondale and Marion are impassable. Many buildings lost their roofs, including a school and a busy restaurant. Some buildings collapsed, especially pole-barn type buildings and mobile homes,and big trees are down everywhere. The ground was already saturated from the heavy rains we've been getting, they just came up by the roots. The damage has been compared to a catagory II hurricane.

Over 70,000 people in Williamson and Franklin counties are without power, including about half of our town (Benton). A friend across town just called to see if they could borrow our generator, as Amerin said it could be a week before they were back online.
Curfews have been set up and they're trying to keep people off the streets so emergency crews can work. The Red Cross will be here in the morning.

Thankfully, we are fine, aside from a few dead limbs that came down.

Connie, I'm glad you are ok. Those straight line winds are reall racking up the damage. I don't remember hearing of them until the last few years, but they indeed are something to be dreaded. The rain seems to have been over lots of the country - but not us - we are dry as tender.

I am having this same problem and I am not on Vista. And...I see threads that supposedly have replies, but when I click on to that specific thread to view the replies, they are not there. Yet on the main forum page it shows 'x' amount of replies.

1) I am not seeing my posts (only after I hit enter)
2) I am not seeing replies that are showing up on the main page of the forum

Not counting today (it's early yet...) there have been nineteen days passed in June.......... we have had measurable rainfall on fifteen of those days.........

I shouldn't have complained about the dryness. Since that time we have had over 30 inches of rain - part due to a Nor'easter that just sat off shore once it got there going slow - then turned and came right back just as slowly. We have water running in the woods like a waterfall.

Back
Top Bottom