Apples Apples Everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to make the most delicious apple/currant conserve, but I have no idea where the recipe is. I found this one, though, that's pretty much like it, except that it calls for raisins instead of currants. I think either one would be good. I left the nuts out when I made it, but that's purely a matter of taste. I didn't use any food color...it was already a pretty pink color from the apple peelings.

Apple Conserve Recipe - Apple Conserve With Raisins and Pectin

OMG...totally LOVE the apple upside down cake amy, that one is going to be on my list for this week. Lordy we are all going to be so FAT after this baking surge finishes for me!

I just found a recipe I have for Apple Soup.......Can't say I have tried it but if anyone is interested let me know!

Hot Apple Soup

Hot Apple Soup

4 green apples
4 McIntosh apples
2 1/2 cups water
2 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup light cream
unsweetend whipped cream for garnish

Peel, core and quarter apples. Combine all ingredients except cream in sauce pan and bring to boil. Simmer 15 mins till apples are soft. Puree, return to pan. Add cream and heat through but don't boil. Garnish each serving with a dollop of unsweetened cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Let me know if you try it! Enjoy!:)

MISH: I love the idea of apple quesadillas, especially with the cheese and nuts added. The crockpot baked apples sounds like something I would love to make for my card group. Anyone know what's involved in making this? Thanks.

Heyyyyyyyy, where IS mish????

The apple, cheese, nut quesadilla is a fabulous idea for a wonderful snack!

Here's a stupid-easy recipe I found - just add your favorite nuts! Apple and Cheese Quesadilla

Lee

i just make my second one of these yesterday and I am very fond of this cake. I like the proportion of the ingredients; lotsa apples. I have cut down the sugar and it needs to be cut down even more. Yesterday I used 3/4 cup sugar and it still is very sweet, will try 1/2 cup next round. Apparently this is a centuries old recipe, lots of versions around..

Nobby Apple Cake

3 TBS butter
1 c sugar, or way less
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 c flour
3 c cored, diced tart apples (don't bother peeling)
1/4 c chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F

Grease 8x8x2 pan
Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla.
Sift dry ingredients, and add to creamed. Stir in apples and nuts (sometimes I add raisins as well).
Bake 40 to 45 min., or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Back
Top Bottom