Applesauce -- to peel or not to peel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I could've sent you some, MC. I put the last two bags of apples into the trunk of an unsuspecting friend who powerwashed our deck, and now just have to deal with a fruit drawer full in the fridge, along with the ones left at the top of the tree that are unreachable without a ladder truck.

Hi.. I always leave the skin on...once it's cooked, and mashed in the blender, you wouldn't even realise the peel is in there..

You're right, Deepa. After the apples are cooked and put in the processor, the skins disappear. I don't think I'll ever peel apples again for applesauce, especially my own apples that are not sprayed.

I notice your location is Kochi. Where is that?

You're right, Deepa. After the apples are cooked and put in the processor, the skins disappear. I don't think I'll ever peel apples again for applesauce, especially my own apples that are not sprayed.

I notice your location is Kochi. Where is that?
Hi shelly,
Kochi is a town in india...

Wow! You are a few miles away, huh?!! I had no idea that Kochi is a city in India! Thanks for adding to my geographic knowledge!

Yes shelly..miles apart.. You are so lucky to have an apple tree in your yard.. Here it's tropical.. So no apples..

Yes shelly..miles apart.. You are so lucky to have an apple tree in your yard.. Here it's tropical.. So no apples..

Yup, apple trees are one of those fruits that need a winter so it can get some sleep. Now if we could just get some palm trees to grow this far north.

Welcome to DC. :angel:

Sorry that you didnt get any apples from your trees this year, Mad Cook. It could be the weather. I know, here in California, the weather has a great deal to do with fruit trees and crops.

Wow! What an interesting history about the Bramley apple and the original is alive and well! I have never heard of these apples, but will look for them at our local farmers' market.

Let us know if you try making applesauce with the peels on!
Hope you enjoy the Barmleys if you find them.

Back
Top Bottom