Avocado Chocolate Mousse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
I wasn't sure where to put this . It's a dessert made with avocados .

I got it from another food forum ,apparently it came from Sheryl Crow who wanted to eat healthier after breast cancer .

It has a lovely soft texture, feels quite rich and decadent , you can't taste the avocado . :yum:

The recipe is simple, just 2 ripe avocados, half a cup of cocoa powder , half a cup of syrup - agave nectar or maple syrup , and one and a half teaspoon each of vanilla extract and almond extract . Blend .

Mine is quite dark as I prefer dark chocolate and my cocoa powder is Cadburys Bournville , but you could lighten it using some almond milk if you wanted to keep it vegan .

Bit different innit ? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 307
I wasn't sure where to put this . It's a dessert made with avocados .

I got it from another food forum ,apparently it came from Sheryl Crow who wanted to eat healthier after breast cancer .

It has a lovely soft texture, feels quite rich and decadent , you can't taste the avocado . :yum:

The recipe is simple, just 2 ripe avocados, half a cup of cocoa powder , half a cup of syrup - agave nectar or maple syrup , and one and a half teaspoon each of vanilla extract and almond extract . Blend .

Mine is quite dark as I prefer dark chocolate and my cocoa powder is Cadburys Bournville , but you could lighten it using some almond milk if you wanted to keep it vegan .

Bit different innit ? :)

Sounds lovely! I've heard of something similar, maybe from Nigella Lawson?

Thanks GQ!

Love that stuff! The texture of it is perfectly smooth and creamy. I use a combination of a little honey + a little maple syrup since agave is not my thing.

I love avocado chocolate mousse!Thank you for sharing this!!

We get lots of avos around here, so I try to eat at least 1/2 of one each day (dog gets the other half for her skin) :)

I use avos in brownies too :D

Sounds very nice! I also like the sound of the avocado chocolate brownies that were mentioned! :) Does anyone have a recipe for that aswell?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom