Avocado Lovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another...

Avocado Strawberry Spinach salad, with feta cheese & lime/honey/oil/S&P dressing.

Snip, I wish you could come here next fall. Every year we go to an Avocado Festival near here and avocado's are celebrated like you wouldn't believe! I've sampled everything from avocado ice cream to pie. Here's a recipe from the festival that I use often and it's delicious.

AVOCADO SALAD DRESSING

1 large avocado peeled, mashed
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp.garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

2-3 drops hot sauce
Mix together and refrigerate several hours to blend flavors.

Wish I was there too! That sounds great :yum:

Thanks for initiating this thread, Snip. What a wonderful treasure-house of ideas for eating avos. I love them cubed into a salad of mixed greens with onion and tomatoes, but I see there are lots of ways that I've never tried. I do make guacamole and like it a lot, too.

Do you leave the seed in any portion that's left over to keep it from going brown?

My pleasure :) I just love avo's!!!!

I wrap my leftover avocado halves in plastic wrap. If the wrap has direct contact with the avo it doesn't go brown so quickly.
Not that we have leftovers very often :LOL:

I like avocados with avocados...I will eat them anyway I can get them. I have two getting ready for me right now.

I had to that were ready last night. I ate both :ohmy:
They were small, about half the size of regular avocados but so creamy :yum:
Just had them with a dash of lemon and maldon salt. Still the best way to eat them for me !

I've been knows to go to a nearby grocery store and purchase an avacado or two for my work lunch. People around here look at me like I'm nuts. Don't care though. They may be right. But I do love avocados, especially with a touch of lime juice and Tobasco.:yum:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I've been knows to go to a nearby grocery store and purchase an avacado or two for my work lunch. People around here look at me like I'm nuts. Don't care though. They may be right. But I do love avocados, especially with a touch of lime juice and Tobasco.:yum:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You're not nuts, the people who stare are :LOL:
Avocado is great with just salt, pepper, lemon or Tabasco in any combination!

I just put one in my lunch...I should chop it and put it in the tomatillo sauce I am taking, but odds are I will just eat it with some Himalayan Pink Salt and a spoon!

I had Chicken Tamales with tomatillo sauce with an AVOCADO for lunch! It was yummy!!

Everyone was envious of my lunch.

I loooooooooooooooooove avocado. My favorite is avocado tacos; just sliced avocado, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheddar cheese on a freshly made corn tortilla. Little salt/pepper and lime juice to finish. Always a go-to in Mexican restaurants.
Also just sliced and served over the top of an omelette, with a little sour cream and caviar.
The texture and somewhat-mild flavor of avocados makes them practically limitless in their application.

Last edited:
I love them. I usually am too greedy to cook with them and end up eating them as they are before I cook with them or add them to a salad.........:rolleyes:

Another favourite of mine is making a simple guacamole with just avo, lemon, salt and pepper eating it with prawn cocktail chips :)

Thanks for all the great ideas guys!!!!!!

Another favourite of mine is making a simple guacamole with just avo, lemon, salt and pepper eating it with prawn cocktail chips :)

I was thinking, "How can it be guacamole with no tomato?", then I realized that guacamole means avocado mole. :doh: :LOL:

Prawn Cocktail Chips ... don't have those here. Do they taste like prawns?

Prawn Cocktail Chips ... don't have those here. Do they taste like prawns?

Yes, they taste like prawns :yum:

20024277_large.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom