Avocado Lovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I know this fruit gets a bad rap with it's high fat content but it's actually so good for you!

It's one of my all time favourites and it's so darn tasty! :yum:

Are there any avocado lovers on DC?

My favourite way is just cut in half, sprinkled with lemon or lime juice and some flaked or coarse salt.

I also enjoy it mashed with a dash of vinegar, salt and cracked black pepper. Served on toasted bread with lashings of real butter!

Mashed avocado is great between 2 slices of buttered toast with a fried or poached egg and some relish or salsa. (A little bit of crispy bacon won't hurt either ;))

How do you enjoy this humble fruit?

I love avocados! I enjoy them cut in half and stuffed with shrimp salad. No need to peel the avocado.

I make a really easy guacamole with peeled and chopped avocado with just lemon juice and a couple of scoops of salsa.

I love avocados! I enjoy them cut in half and stuffed with shrimp salad. No need to peel the avocado.

I make a really easy guacamole with peeled and chopped avocado with just lemon juice and a couple of scoops of salsa.

Yum!
You just reminded me of one of my favourites. Scampi with guacamole for dipping!

I can count the number of times I've had avocados on two fingers, so I guess I'm not a lover. I liked them both times though.
I grilled them and filled with a corn/black bean salsa.

I, too, really like avocados. One of my favorites, and timely now because of Easter, is to make deviled eggs and mashing avocado with the egg yolk, add some crisp chopped bacon and fill the egg white shell. I'm sure there's more to the recipe than that, but you get the idea. Really, really good!!!!

I, too, really like avocados. One of my favorites, and timely now because of Easter, is to make deviled eggs and mashing avocado with the egg yolk, add some crisp chopped bacon and fill the egg white shell. I'm sure there's more to the recipe than that, but you get the idea. Really, really good!!!!

That's a good idea! I should try that :)

P.S Thank you for moving my thread, couldn't find a fruit forum :rolleyes:

Avacados ... I love them !!!

Fortunately for me DH does not so when I buy them I do not have to share.

I love them plain, with a dash of pepper and salt, sliced and added to ANY sandwich, with cottage cheese, with shrimp, scallops, steak, chicken ... hmmmm .. guess I love them most any way.

They are my 2nd guilty indulgence .. first being chocolate of course !

Two words: Guacamole & More guacamole.

I do have to say, either sliced avocados or guac goes good on BLT's and chicken/ turkey sandwiches.

My favorite avocado go-to is...

Avocado & tomato salad, with red onion, & lime or vinaigrette dressing. (You can add fresh mozzarella balls to the mix, if you like.)

Avocado & crab is another favorite:

Avocado stuffed w/ crab salad & fresh lime juice

Avocado and crab or salmon cocktail

Avocado bruschetta or crostini - diced avos, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh herbs, lime juice.

Avocado BLTs

Avocado crab cakes

Avocado crab dip

Pico de gallo

Avocado & strawberry salsa over grilled fish

Last edited:
We have a tree in our back yard. I use them in Mexican stuff, SW stuff, Cuban stuff and there is a Thai curry that has slightly cooked avocado in it.

Avacados ... I love them !!!

Fortunately for me DH does not so when I buy them I do not have to share.

I love them plain, with a dash of pepper and salt, sliced and added to ANY sandwich, with cottage cheese, with shrimp, scallops, steak, chicken ... hmmmm .. guess I love them most any way.

They are my 2nd guilty indulgence .. first being chocolate of course !

Lucky you! My whole family loves them :(
Nothing to feel guilty about, avo's are a healthy treat!

My favorite avocado go-to is...

Avocado & tomato salad, with red onion, & lime or vinaigrette dressing. (You can add fresh mozzarella balls to the mix, if you like.)

Avocado & crab is another favorite:

Avocado stuffed w/ crab salad & fresh lime juice

Avocado and crab or salmon cocktail

Avocado bruschetta or crostini - diced avos, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh herbs, lime juice.

Avocado BLTs

Avocado crab cakes

Avocado crab dip

Pico de gallo

Avocado & strawberry salsa over grilled fish

Yum! You're making me hungry :LOL:

Luckily I have 3 ripe avocado's in my veggie rack :yum:

Oh man! I'm green with envy :( I miss my avocado tree!!!!

I thought I had lost mine when hurricane Wilma knocked it down. The roots were pretty exposed. I started cutting away branches, as it had fallen onto the patio and it sprang almost back to its original position as the weight got removed. A few stout branches grew on the opposite side and we were back in business.

Back
Top Bottom