"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fruit & Nuts
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cape Coral Florida
Posts: 440
Cut in half, remove the seed
Replace seed with peeled soft boiled egg
Put back together
Roll in egg, then breading...then deep fry
__________________

__________________
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation
niquejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Avocados rarely make it into dish around here. Cut in half and eat, nothing fancy, no salt and pepper or anything.
Well then PF I'm going to have to convince you to try Dad's avocado dip. After eating this you will ask where has this been all my life.
ma
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Well then PF I'm going to have to convince you to try Dad's avocado dip. After eating this you will ask where has this been all my life.
ma

Better make it a two avocado recipe, one for the recipe the second for the cook...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Better make it a two avocado recipe, one for the recipe the second for the cook...
Mash 2 good sized avocado's Haas preferably. mash well add 1 Tab. evoo,1 tea. Worcestershire, 2 cloves crushed garlic or 3 -4 cloves you decide. Mix in about 1/2 c mayo or more if you like it pale green like me...Besides this make the recipe go farther add salt taste after about 20 min then add more garlic,evoo,Worcestershire. My mom loved this with crumbled crisp bacon in it. My dod not so much me, I'll take it anyway I can get it. To eat I slice up a skinny baguette in to thin slices, sit down with my baseball bat and wave at the others as I shoo them away
ma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Mash 2 good sized avocado's Haas preferably. mash well add 1 Tab. evoo,1 tea. Worcestershire, 2 cloves crushed garlic or 3 -4 cloves you decide. Mix in about 1/2 c mayo or more if you like it pale green like me...Besides this make the recipe go farther add salt taste after about 20 min then add more garlic,evoo,Worcestershire. My mom loved this with crumbled crisp bacon in it. My dod not so much me, I'll take it anyway I can get it. To eat I slice up a skinny baguette in to thin slices, sit down with my baseball bat and wave at the others as I shoo them away
ma
Thanks, Ma! So, I need three avocados And a bat...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cape Coral Florida
Posts: 440
Avocado Salsa
4 medium tomatos
4 jalapeno's
seeded, minced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 coarse salt
1/2 black pepper
1 ripe avocado
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Place the tomatoes on the grate and grill until lightly browned and soft
Let cool.
3. Put tomatoes in a food processor or blender and process to a
coarse puree. Add all other ingredients except avocado and
process just to mix, not too much.
4. Add avocado and process just a bit. Avocado pieces should be still visible in salsa.
5. Add more lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
__________________
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation
niquejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim View Post
Avocado Salsa
4 medium tomatos
4 jalapeno's
seeded, minced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 coarse salt
1/2 black pepper
1 ripe avocado
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Place the tomatoes on the grate and grill until lightly browned and soft
Let cool.
3. Put tomatoes in a food processor or blender and process to a
coarse puree. Add all other ingredients except avocado and
process just to mix, not too much.
4. Add avocado and process just a bit. Avocado pieces should be still visible in salsa.
5. Add more lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
I bet this would be great with grilled fish. You reminded me of strawberry/avocado salsa w/ lime juice, diced red onion, cilantro & jalapeno. Your other recipe sounds unique. Thanks, Jim.
__________________
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
I will have to dig up a photo of Mexican avocados taken in a small grocery store there in July. They're the size of a small beagle.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
Sous Chef
 
no mayonnaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 553
A little S&P and a light squeeze of lime juice and they're good on practically anything.
I love putting them in breakfast tacos.
__________________
no mayonnaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mayonnaise View Post
A little S&P and a light squeeze of lime juice and they're good on practically anything.
I love putting them in breakfast tacos.
I like a bit of Avocado oil with that--but I just eat 1/2 at a time.

I also like homemade avocado-pistachio nut ice cream....
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avocado, avocados

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.