Best way to store grapes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of the bag, always. I like to keep them out of the fridge for some reason, but if they are not going to get eaten soon then the fridge will make them last longer.

For much longer term storage we will use the freezer and eat them frozen.

Like GB, I too leave them out if they are going to be consumed promptly. Other then that, the fridge will keep them longer.

I LOVE frozen grapes!

I am an 'in the fridge in a berry bowl' kinda gal. A berry bowl has holes and a plate below to catch the drips..

I prefer all my fruit at room temp, however, grapes will keep longer in the fridge. I usually put a small bowl on the counter with the rest in the fridge and refill as needed.

Being we have several grape vines growing, I pick them, bring them in and remove the grapes from the stem and rinse them..Little critters in there you know:LOL: Then, eat a few and put the rest on a clean dish towel and into the refrigerator..I like them at room temp, but they last longer being kept cool.

kadesma :)

Frozen grapes? And they defrost to a good texture? Wow - I'll try it! Mine don't usually get stored for that long, but every now and again i think I'll be clever and buy more than I can eat, and then the inevitable happens and they get binned...now I'll freeze them.

After posting I ran and slammed some in the freezer.....i'll let you know what I think

Frozen grapes taste great. They also act as a ice cubes if put in a punch. I'd say if they are frozen they would last a pretty long time. I like the idea of putting them in the fridge with a paper towel - good idea.

QSis said:
Do they keep longer off the stem?

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

Lee
Hi Osis,
I take them off the stem because, I've had them get moldy..All you need is one that is nicked and starting to turn and left out on the counter, what a mess...Besides, this way I can grab a hand full and not have to bother picking them off, I can just pop em in my mouth:LOL: Lazy, lazy...

kadesma

In the plastic bag they came in, which is inside another plastic bag from the produce section of the store, in the refrigerator's fruit bin. I like grapes cold, but I rinse them before eating. Been doing that for 40+ years.

I use to use them as a sorbet garnish. wait for a little condensation after removing from the freezer, then toss in suger in the raw. Cool lil crunchy nuggets of goodness.

As for the sinkers or floaters, I think they float.

I love grapes.
It's hard to find a place for them at my house.
They don't last as long out of the fridge, so sometimes we don't finished them before they rot.
When they are in the fridge we forget about them, and then they rot. :(

WOW! While I type this I am eating my second ever frozen grape! They are great...but next time I will only do the smaller grapes, the big ones are too big and hurting my teeth, lol

If anyone else hasn't tried this do....these are going to be a big help as a craving buster on my diet!

Back
Top Bottom