Choosing Fresh Fruit Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zereh

Head Chef
I Stumbled on this nifty chart on how to choose the freshest fruit, which pieces of fruit to avoid and how to store and/or ripen it. I can't get it to format correctly when I try to move it over here, so I'll just have to put a link in: Cook'n Newsletter

:heart:
Z

Thanks for the chart.

BTW, did anyone notice where it said you can store tomatos in the fridge? :angel: If they're fully ripe anyway

Ohhh boooyyyyyyy..........

For me, there is nothing tastier than a cold cherry tomato from the fridge, never had a problem with loosing taste in fact they have more in my opinion. Of course, they don't go in until they are already ripe, but after that they keep a good three four days at least which is just enough time to use em up.
Now, regular tomatoes just don't last more than a day or two tops around here, so the only time they would see the fridge is when they are mixed into a salad that needs chilled. But the cherry tomatoes are harvested several large bowls at a time, so even with DW eating em like grapes to the tune of half a bowl a day they last several days.
She likes em chilled, I like em chilled, so chilled they get. I say to each his own and am running full tilt away from this debate!!!!!!!!

I say to each his own and am running full tilt away from this debate!!!!!!!!
No debate here. I think you are absolutely right. Each person needs to decide what they like to do. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to taste. What tastes good to one person might not to another. It does not make it wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom