Cranberry sauce recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make cranberry salsa. I toss the cranberries in the freezer. Once they are frozen, I toss them in the food processor (reserve 1/4 cup) with 1-2 tsp lime juice, garlic, shallots, jalapeno pepper (you can add other peppers to taste), cumin, fresh cilantro, a couple of tomatillos or frozen tomatillos (they grow like weeds in the garden, so I always have tomatillos in some form or another). I like it to be a coarse chop. I then follow the instructions re: cooking the cranberries but reduce the sugar by 1/4. I toss the reserved cranberries in when I'm cookling the salsa. This is really nice on turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, on toast (cream cheese and cranberry salsa--yum). Play with it, it is "to taste."

Last edited:
I'm actually making one soon. Sunday, I'm cooking a 7 bone roast in a crockpot all day and one of the ingredients that goes into the pot is cranberry sauce. I usually use canned, but I'm making a homemade one. I'm trying this one out:

It's by the pioneerwomen.com

Ingredients
1 bag (about 12 To 16 Oz) Fresh Cranberries
16 ounces, fluid Pomegranate Juice
¾ cups Sugar, More Or Less To Taste
Preparation Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Mixture will thicken as it cooks, and will thicken more as it cools.
Cool in a jar or bowl in the fridge.

On another note I've made it before with alcohol, I think it was rum.

Back
Top Bottom