Dawg's Almond Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We came home from Costco the other day with a bunch of nuts, including DH. I really liked the way this turned out.

Amounts are approximate.

Put in food processor:
2 C or so whole almonds

Process for a few minutes, then turn off FP, process again. Repeat. A lot. You can burn out your FP if you don't let it rest. Add

2 T coconut oil

Process some more, turning off for a few minutes to cool off.

Couple squirts of agave syrup

Process more, turning off to let rest, until the butter is smooth and creamy.

I poured this into a pint jar and refrigerated it. I nuked the jar for 30 seconds, and it was spreadable. The coconut oil makes it solid when cold.

The recipes I looked up called for different techniques, including no oil or sweetener, or stirring them in at the end, but this worked for me. Really nice with some good jam.

Last edited:
Good thing you remembered to retrieve DH from the sampler stations. I wonder if this is in the Peanut butter type family or in the Almond Paste type family.

Either way, try this. Split open a pitted date. Pipe in some almond butter , i have used almond paste. On the top put a whole plain or smoked almond ( the kind from a can). Make a plateful and perhaps a 2nd plate to share.

Last edited:
We came home from Costco the other day with a bunch of nuts, including DH. I really liked the way this turned out.

Amounts are approximate.

Put in food processor:
2 C or so whole almonds

Process for a few minutes, then turn off FP, process again. Repeat. A lot. You can burn out your FP if you don't let it rest. Add

2 T coconut oil

Process some more, turning off for a few minutes to cool off.

Couple squirts of agave syrup

Process more, turning off to let rest, until the butter is smooth and creamy.

I poured this into a pint jar and refrigerated it. I nuked the jar for 30 seconds, and it was spreadable. The coconut oil makes it solid when cold.

The recipes I looked up called for different techniques, including no oil or sweetener, or stirring them in at the end, but this worked for me. Really nice with some good jam.
I'll have to try this soon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom