"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fruit & Nuts

Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Master Chef

Diet help again

Okay, I don't eat fruits a lot. What my diet says is TART fruits and berries. I can figure out the berries part, but, what are tart fruits? I don't like lemon or limes and I can't have grapefruits with the meds.
I need something different here. It's only day 2 and this much meat, veggies and fruit without any sweet or bread or SOMETHING is killing me already
I shouldn't say no sweet, I eat about 1/2 of blueberries in cream and a 1/2 packet of splenda, but, DANG IT, it's not chocolate!! LOL and no sodas for now, but, calling doc and asking about Diet Rite. They don't have cals, carbs, caffeine or sodium in them at all and sweetend with Splenda. I am thinking that the sodium and sugars is the reason for no sodas, as I didn't tell him that I didn't drink regular sodas and that is only in the evening. I drink water all day. Crud, I'm rambling again. Anyway, TART FRUITS??

Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

i was so hoping goodweed would chime in...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
Master Chef

I think of tart fruits as black berries, raspberries, kiwi, strawberries, huckleberries.... I'm thinking fruits you use in tarts? And they are all tart in a way.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I would say that they are fruits that are naturally lower in sugar. There are some varities of apple that are quite tart, esp those that are more defined as cooking apples.
I found this site: Low-Carb/Low-Sugar Fruits: A list of the best and the worst fruit for low-carb dieters.
and this one has a slightly different list: High Sugar Fruits
Old 07-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
Master Chef

thank you! i googled tart fruits and it came back with a million and one fruit tart recipes!! LOL
Old 07-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Master Chef

See, that is where my mind was at!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi, Stacy. Can your doctor refer you to a registered dietician to help you with the specifics of your diet? I would think one meeting would be sufficient. Take the diet the doc gave you and ask the dietician specifically what is allowed or not allowed. That way, you avoid making guesses and assumptions HTH.

Tags
None