Eating avocado - are you supposed to mix it with something or cook it from raw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The limes I froze were sad, and the rinds weren't worth grating. The juice was still good after defrosting.

In hindsight, I would probably grate off the rind if the limes were fresh, and then freeze the naked limes in a ziplock. Or just juice and freeze.
Yeah, grating and juicing and then freezing is probably best, but there are just some times that I just don't have that many spoons. I'm glad to know I can just chuck them in the freezer.

Yeah, grating and juicing and then freezing is probably best, but there are just some times that I just don't have that many spoons. I'm glad to know I can just chuck them in the freezer.

I always try to have two lemons on hand. There are some dry spells when I don't bake or cook anything that calls for lemon. So when they have been sitting in the fridge for more than a couple of weeks, I first remove all the zest and then squeeze the juice out after zapping them for about 15 seconds in the MW. The zest and juice are stored is separate containers in the freezer. :angel:

I always try to have two lemons on hand. There are some dry spells when I don't bake or cook anything that calls for lemon. So when they have been sitting in the fridge for more than a couple of weeks, I first remove all the zest and then squeeze the juice out after zapping them for about 15 seconds in the MW. The zest and juice are stored is separate containers in the freezer. :angel:
That microwave trick really does let you get more juice out of lemons and limes.

That microwave trick really does let you get more juice out of lemons and limes.

Sometimes I think that little machine was just invented for the sole purpose of putting lemons and limes in there. When I use my squeezer I swear I leave nothing behind. That shell is bone dry. :angel:

My wife has migraines. I will test to see if lemon or lime could be the culprit!
She has been suffering with them now for years.
Thanks GilliAnne.

You're welcome, Roll_Bones. Did you find out if lemon or lime was to blame. Anything citrus, as well as cheese, caffeine and chocolate - but not white chocolate, I'm happy to say, are common triggers.

Gillian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom